Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor

I'm hearing that Sparks is scratching 55hp on their kit.

My bud's Raptor had a 4.5" Extension, and lowering kit on the front while he was trail riding it. He still has the extension, but when he races, he add's a wheelie bar. But he modded his linkage, and is sitting about 2.5" off the ground with him on it. So that is why he has left trail riding, and just going strictly drag. He is adding nitrous, and what not, and going stictly drag. But it's not impossible to trail ride a high hp motor.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

I know it's not impossible but there is some trails I have trouble fitting through and there are some that I don't fit through and I only have a +2+2 and I have seen people go with a +4+4 set up or wider so that they have stability when there quad isn't just built for dragracing.

Sounds like that is going to be one bad a$$ quad though

Old 03-01-2004, 02:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's built to run. Powroll 770, 39mm FCR's, Yoshi(about to be a MBRP Drag) Pipe, Alba Port/Polish, Plasma Booster, Nitrous Express, and who know's what else. LOL. He's got a ton of cash in the motor.

Just with a lowering kit that makes mine +2" in the front, it's tough to squeeze through really tight trails. But you'll have that sometimes. He used to have no problem trail riding, of course he didn't do a lot of swapping on the suspension. He was way too busy building the motor. LOL. I'm going to add a 4.5" Extension on mine as soon as the motor is done and back together. I plan on going right on with trail riding mine, and drag racing at the same time.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

yea thats how my one friend is he has a bayou 220 right now and he wants to go get a banshee and start modding the engine like crazy and I was like you Know you should get an extended swingarm and he was like nahh that would just take away from what I can put into the motor so I'm going to have to get it on camera of him hitting the throttle and it flipping him off.

Thats cool thats why I only got the 690 kit because if I came across anybody that wanted to drag then I could but I could still go through trails with more power than everybody else.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Trailblazer

Cool, about Sparks getting in the 55hp area. That is sweet for sure ! Lets just put it
this way, if Sparks or anyone, gets to 60hp truely ( not on a generous dyno - but REALLY
gets to 60hp+, Ill start calling my Rappy a Crappy like everyone else LOL.

But until then, I wont - cuz I got a 2001, and my Tranny , my one-way and every single other
part on the machine is still rippin' and perfect. Bought Sept. 2000... Hell, even if these parts
should fail in the future, I got 4 dang years of excellence outta this thing without a penny spent. (other than goodies)
My dealership hasnt seen this thing is 4 years either. Sooo, you see - I have to call mine my precious
Raptor - with an R. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 03:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is exactly what I was looking for. And now I'm going crazy with expectations. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

First thing I'm going to do is kill every YFZ I can find. LOL. I have only raced one and it was pipe vs pipe and I was 1/2 a lenght behind. Being that close drove me nuts. LOL.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

well today I was riding my craptor and I don't know why this happened because I have never had this problem before but my one coolant hose was hitting my pipe and melted it and coolant starting flying every where but I put gorilla glue on the hole wrapped black tape around it then duck tape and put a metal piece around it to get home

Old 03-01-2004, 03:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

660R is right.

I just about passed out when I saw that. Thank you Ridley, I appreciate not getting to fight with you for a change. So thank you very much.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

yea you should easily kill the yfz with your 686

Old 03-01-2004, 03:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I definetly plan on giving them a run for their money. I had the mud machines on my raptor when I lost, but oh well. I'm sure I will have something for them with my Signiture 686.

How does your 690 compare to your YFZ? Have you gotten the chance to race the two or no?

This has been a good evening, lol. Start off fighting with Ridley all the damn time. Like every post. Then start fighting with 690, and end up getting along with him, and with Ridley. LOL. Is everyone drunk tonight and not in the mood to fight or what?

Quick Reply: More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor