Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No replacement for displacement? HA!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No replacement for displacement? HA!

with a hard hitting V8 you have bad gas milage, excessive torque for street use, and a helluva lot less reliability.
Daily driver. Over 20MPG consistent high 10's Cobra

let me just say this...N2O is the worst power adder you can use...unless money is no object for you and you can afford to biuld a motor that will not suffer from structural damage down the road....N2O is like cocaine the speed is great at first but the long term damage can be crucial.
Only for idiots that don't know how to use it. I have never had a motor failure (with cars not quads) related to nitrous and I have had over 7 very fast mustangs.

I have no experience with it on quads though.

Maybe one day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: docdave22
with a hard hitting V8 you have bad gas milage, excessive torque for street use, and a helluva lot less reliability.
Daily driver. Over 20MPG consistent high 10's Cobra

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've seen 4 poppers that run 10's getting 30mpg
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

Here is what it does for a mild-mannered cobra.

Video

Right-click, save-as

Old 03-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Range Rover

I've seen 4 poppers that run 10's getting 30mpg
But how much did it cost to get them there?

Nevermind, I won't open that can of worms. lol

Old 03-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

N2O is not air flow it is air expansion.....CFM=air flow =air entering and exiting cylinder....and yes in order to take a 4 banger off the show room floor and make it run 10's you must take out a second morgage...but to make a new cobra or a lightning run 10's you can do it for under $800 on a saturday afternoon in your driveway....

cars in my past!!!!
1991 chevy S10 383ci stroker
'90 Mustang Lx 306ci novi 2000 16psi 10.26et 10" radials
'93 1/2 cobra vortech s-trim 6psi
'88 GT 351ci 9" tremec
'68 fast back 521ci 9.86 et all motor
curently on stand in garage DTS pro bullet 426 roller motor "looking for a ranger 4X4"

Old 03-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

let me just say this...N2O is the worst power adder you can use...unless money is no object for you and you can afford to biuld a motor that will not suffer from structural damage down the road....N2O is like cocaine the speed is great at first but the long term damage can be crucial.
Sounds like someone got some money taken away from them by someone squeezing? Just a guess though?

Old 03-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Sounds like someone got some money taken away from them by someone squeezing? Just a guess though?
nope not even close just ask any "PRO" drag racer. N2O is just a cheap replacment for real horse power....don't get me wrong some guys have good luck with with the juice but its only good for a second or two...If you were racing any distance longer than a half mile you couldn't keep the juice on the whole time.....unlike a supercharger or a turbo the power is always there never ends....

Old 03-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: killerKXF
N2O is not air flow it is air expansion.....CFM=air flow =air entering and exiting cylinder....and yes in order to take a 4 banger off the show room floor and make it run 10's you must take out a second morgage...but to make a new cobra or a lightning run 10's you can do it for under $800 on a saturday afternoon in your driveway....

"
but n2o is more or less just highly combustable compressed air, sprayed into the manifold or heads.

and i know a supercharged car can get 75 more HP easy with exhaust and a pulley, but a turbo upgrade on a small car can also get you a nice upgrade for under a grand.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Theres nothing wrong with N20. Its a poor mans turbo.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Range Rover

but n2o is more or less just highly combustable compressed air, sprayed into the manifold or heads
Nitrous is not highly combustable compressed air. Nitrous is a liquid that only helps fuel burn and by itself is not flammable.

Quick Reply: No replacement for displacement? HA!