Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how low can i get a dealer down to for YFZ450? What did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how low can i get a dealer down to for YFZ450? What did you pay?

Originally posted by: CTATV
if they want more lay the 6500 on the table and say final offer then walk out if they dont take it
Be sure to pick the money off the table.

We got ours for 6100 otd. They even through in a 2 free helmets. But we also bought a raptor 80 for the little one.

Old 03-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Nort gonna have much luck without cash.

Old 03-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think whether you are paying in cash or financing the quad will make a difference when you go to negociate the price. I think its a misconception that if you go into a dealership with cash in hand that the dealer is going to be more willing to come off the price. I worked in car sales many year ago for a short time and it did not make a bit of differnce if the buyer was paying with cash. Matter of fact most dealerships would rather you finance thru them because then they can make money on the "back-end" of the deal thru whatever bank they go thru. The only time they would rather you pay in cash is if your credit score is all jacked up and no bank would finance you.

Here are some tips for getting a better deal:

1. Buy at the end of the month when the salesmanger/dealership is more motivated to cut prices to maked their quota or goals, preferebly in the last day or two of the month.

2. Call around to other dealerships, even if they are 300-350 miles away, haggle with them...tell them you might be willing to travel the distance if they can make it worth your time, even if you dont want to go that distance you still might find a better price on the quad you want, then you can at least take this quote to a closer dealership and show them that other dealers are willing to deal, most medium to large dealerships do not want to be under-sold.

3. Before you go into the dealership, call and talk to a salesperson and get him to give you a ballpark figure as to where they will start the haggling....after you have talked to the salesperson call back the same dealership and talk with a different salesperson and see if he will quote you a lower price, go with whoever will quote you the lower cost. From my personal experience the person who will quote the lower cost will usually come off the price a lot faster then someone who trys to knock your head off (little car lingo there) the first time out.

4. While negociating, after the salesperson goes and talks with their salesmanager and comes back and gives you the price, take out your cellphone and tell the salesperon you have to make a call and walk about 20-30ft away, make a bogus call and act like your discussing the deal at hand, do this for about 2 minutes and then come back and give them your counter offer.

5. When you first start talking price offer them $500 less then what you are actually willing to pay, even if they laugh ask them to take this to the salesmanger, this will be rejected but it has started the negociation process and gives you wiggle run to come up to the price you are willing to pay.

6. If you get to closing of the deal and they start tacking on extra fees (showroom fee, fluids fee, OHV fee....yes I have actually seen dealers try and put these on) dont be afraid to stand up and walk away, you can always find a deal if your willing to look around and invest a little time.......like they say "fall in love with the deal, not with the product".

You should expect to pay a certain amount for processing fees and dealer prep, most dealerships this will usually run between $100-150, also figure in your local and state taxes.

These are not all sure fire ways to get them to lower the price but they will help in negociating. Also as a side note I have found that medium to larger dealerships are a little easier to haggle with, just from my experience.

Hope some of this helps, good luck with your purchase, let us know how it goes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nice post Dirhead, that's some good advice!
I can't belive people are getting them for $6200 OTD! In AZ all of the motorcycle dealers are owned by the Cadillac dealer basically. All of the motorcycle dealers have different names etc and that's why they are always willing to match or beat the competition.. THEY OWN ALL of it.. I guess that is why I can only get down to $6900 OTD. I'm going to try your advice and go for the $6200 OTD and see what I can do this weekend.

Thanks..

Matt

Old 03-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

the only way ur going to get a good deal is if you pay cash.......cash talks not financing....its a better idea to save up the money and just buy it instead of financing becasue when you finance you get screwed over big time

Old 03-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought mine for $6001 out the door and I used the Yamaha 3.9% financing. As a matter of fact, I have not paid a dollar for the thing and I have had it for a month. I have tried to get contact info. but it takes Yamaha like 30 to 45 days to contacvt me. Procycle in Springfield, MO has them for $5999 and I paid no tax as an out of state buyer with no other fees. I don't know where the $2 came from, but I don't care.

Old 03-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

atvrider12764- I was not trying to say that a person should fnance vs. paying cash, just that whether you pay cash or finance will not really figure into negociating the sale price of the quad. Knowing how to negociate and haggle is what deterimes how much the sale price will be. I do agree that I dont finance my toys (quads, motorcycles, etc.) because I dont like paying interest, or owing people ( or banks) for my stuff.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

I went in w/ 6k cash and walked out w/ a yfz here in port angeles, washington. They through in a helmet and tech 6 boots. I know the guys, but it dont make a diff. they're still about makin money, and that worked...so.

Old 03-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

When I bought my V 2 weeks ago, the place was letting YFZs go for 6399 OTD, They also advertised this special on a full page ad in the local Cycle trader. They were also selling NEW '03 Raptors for 5399 OTD.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

$5999 for NEW YFZ450 @ bardwell yamaha in MS

Quick Reply: how low can i get a dealer down to for YFZ450? What did you pay?