Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

fast blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast blaster?

yea the 490 bolts up just right and you can really tell a difference besides the kicker

Old 03-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

like I said, just because you have never seen it happen or believe that a blaster can be that fast it has been done, and without spending the whole bank account, the guy I was refering to is know as criminalpoet, he had a 2mm stroker Hollywood dirt built blaster engine and was tearing up stock shee's easily in drags, and up hills, so yes it can be done, from what he told me he only had about 900.00 in the engine top and bottom and he was running a stock bore, so YES people a blaster can beat a stock banshee, 400ex, lt400, and very possibley a raptor, but don't expect to do it on a stock swing arm unless you like riding the grab bar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

Man Iam seriously gonna look into getting a blaster and puting a YZ490 in it, That would be the most crazy blaster EVER

MAn that thing would rip so hard, You would defently need to get a +4 thats for sure, Hummmm, So what are your guys thought on this??

Old 03-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

Have you ever ridden a 490? Wow!! You'll want to do a lot more to your suspension then just a longer swingarm if you want to handle that baby.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

no i havent
But i have seen a few, I wounder if they would be hard to get parts for?

Old 03-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

seann you ain't gettin crap
and it is totally possiably for a blaster to take a banshee with under 1000$$ of work into it. Just because its only a 240 dosnt mean anything against a 350. Look at the 450, it is 210cc's less then the raptor and will still give it a run for its money. The amount of cc's a bike has dosnt mean **** when comparing.

Old 03-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

with a proparly built 240 by hollywood dirt a stock banshee would be a easy win. It only takes a pipe and some other basic mods to take a 400ex.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

Originally posted by: Shav0
with a proparly built 240 by hollywood dirt a stock banshee would be a easy win. It only takes a pipe and some other basic mods to take a 400ex.
since u keep going on and on about the hollywood dirt 240 kit have u ever even seen one... it takes more then a 240 kit and a pipe and filter to take a stock banshee or stock 400ex as far as that goes... it takes alot more... i have had 3 diffrent kits and seen one of hollywoods blasters last weekend and wasnt that impressed by it...

Old 03-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default fast blaster?

man just go on the forms there and talk to the guy who makes them
he will set you straight.
pm criminalpoet, he has one that will take a banshee and put a 400ex to shame like nothing

i dont know why people think that a 400ex is all that good anyway, with the mods i have on my blaster i can give it a good run for its money and i dont even have that much stuff on it. the ex isnt all that its cracked up to be, now im not saying that a blaster is anything special, but dont understimate the potential that they have

Old 03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default fast blaster?

Originally posted by: ZBlaster
Originally posted by: Shav0
since u keep going on and on about the hollywood dirt 240 kit have u ever even seen one... it takes more then a 240 kit and a pipe and filter to take a stock banshee or stock 400ex as far as that goes... it takes alot more... i have had 3 diffrent kits and seen one of hollywoods blasters last weekend and wasnt that impressed by it...
Sorry ZBlaster but you are not correct. I have a stock bore, stock pipe 2001 Blaster with porting and a milled head from CP Customs and I have raced my brothers stock 400ex dozens of times. We are neck and neck the whole way and the winner is usually the one that doesn't screw up a shift or launch. Things will change when I get my new LRD or Toomey pipe next month, I will also be advancing the timing for a little more bottom end punch. The new pipe will give me 5-8 hp and the timing should give me a couple more.

Bottom line, if the 240 kit is properly ported and a matching pipe is installed a stock 400ex would not be a challenge and I would be surprised if a stock banshee could take it. As for a rappy.... I will have to report back on that when I am done with my mods, I know someone who has a stock one I can line up with.

Below is a copy of a post by Craig Patterson (CP Customs) featuring him racing shees, and 400ex's with his wife's blaster that he ported and milled the head on. He also installed a Toomey pipe and degree key.

"The first one I am sending you is of me racing the blaster agaist a 400ex with cam, full exhaust, rev box, k&n filter, jet kit etc., and the other bike is a blaster with a ported 240 big bore kit, 35 pwk carb and filter, adjustable timing plate, milled head, dual stage carbon fiber reeds. I'm on the bike closest to the camera (the one out front).

The guy on the blaster was so up set that he came over to my RV later that afternoon to find out what was done to my wifes blaster to make it run like that. To make a long story short he decided to have me report his motor to my specs. He couldn't believe that a blaster could run like that, along with many others who have not seen it first hand.

http://www.auffarth.com/Dcp_0760.mov

This race is between me, a big bore 400ex with cam, port work, high compression piston, and alcohol carb, and a ported and piped banshee with other bolt ons, and the bike in back was a pretty stock banshee. I was kind of out of my league with this race, but as you can see the bike faired pretty good. I was able to keep the ported banshee about a bike behind and the 400ex about a half a bike behind, and the stock banshee was eating all of our sand...lol. I put this one up so you could see it against some pretty fast bikes. I have some a couple other videos that I will post later.

http://www.auffarth.com/Dcp_0756.mov

This race is for all the big bore fans...lol. I am racing a ported 240 big bore that has a fmf pipe and silencer, 35mm carb with clamp on filter, milled head, 108 octane race fuel, carbon fiber reeds, adj. timing plate. I know it was a big bore because later that night he wanted me to take the head off and look to see if I could report his motor to my specs. You can see the results of my wifes .040 over stock sleeved motor, CPCustoms designed port work, stock carb with clamp on filter, toomey b-1 pipe, milled head, ported reed cage, and 4 degree timing advance key.

http://www.auffarth.com/Dcp_0759.mov "

Quick Reply: fast blaster?