Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Axle for my Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Axle for my Raptor

Originally posted by: hogman
I got my RPM from nacs for 409 for the axle and 60 for the lock nut, and it fit right on my stock swingarm.
OK, so I found out that rpm makes 2 axles for the raptor. Or so I have been told. Aparrently you can get a normal rpm raptor axle, and a race axle. The race axle is listed only on thier website, and it requires the new bearing carrier which would require the rpm swing as well.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked the rpm web site and there is no race axle for a raptor. Only the 250r and 400 ex have race axle options.
rpm website

Old 03-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hear me now, believe me later. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The bin of death proves what I say.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Wow Ridley, you answered every question in the book I had about axles. I admire you knowledge about such things like this, I admire your knowledge on quads period. I hope my brain about quads is as wide span as yours one day, your truly the guy I look out for when I have a question, cause god its always the best info. Your definately a valued member, and from myself I just want to thank you for being so deticated to this sport.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: hogman
I just checked the rpm web site and there is no race axle for a raptor. Only the 250r and 400 ex have race axle options.
rpm website
RPM does not sell it direct. Its a kind of a race package, like Ridley said. You purchase the RPM swing, tapered millenium carrier and Dominator axle. There is also a std raptor axle for sale.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

i love my plus 4 lonestar

Old 03-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just a few supporting comments.

Ask yourself, does the aftermarket axle I'm looking at come from a manufacturer who currently produces the stock axles for a vast majority of the OEM quad companies? Does the the axle come with forged, splayed designed, adjustable hubs? Did the company acquire multiple axles from every major aftermarket axle company, and test them to their failing point? Then granularily analyze each and every failure, and implement changes in their own design to combat these weak points? Quads wired for telemtry reasons are pretty impressive to observe going through the paces. It's attention to detail, experience, and quality products which will make Team Industries axles the industry leader. Go ahead, keep buying the others....I always get a funny grin when I get the chance to say...I told you so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

First of all to graduate from elementary school, it's pretty easy to learn to spell Predator, but I'll give you some additional time to learn. What I was trying to emphasize is that Team is by no means new to the ATV market. If you purchase quality (you can spell that well engineered, and tested) components, that should minimize your "having to find parts at the track" experiences. The Team Ind website seems pretty elementary to use. Simply register, and all the available products, as well as a dealer locator is provided....I guess the only way it could be easier is if someone held your hand and walked you through it.

Just throwing out options which were researched and found to be credible. Ya throw out sarchasm, I'll throw it right back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep it constructive, I'll do the same....with some sarchasm. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] www.Team-ind/aftermarket, or if you don't want to surf 1-866-766-9288

Now, Raptor (not Craptor), 400EX (not slowex), Predator (not Predaturd). YFZ ( not why-fz) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2004, 04:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

DO NOT GET A DURABLUE AXLE THEY ARE CHEAP THEY BREAK NOT BEND AND ITS NOT A TRUE LIFETIME WARRENTY.

I BOUGHT MY RAPTOR USED WITH THE DURABLUE AXLE AND IT BROKE, I CANT SEND IT IN TO DURABLUE BECAUSE ITS NOT UNDER THE WARRENTY, THE WARRENTY ONLY APPLIES TO THE ORIGIONAL OWNER. SO JUST DONT BUY DURABLUE. THE BEST AXLE IS THE RPM DOMINATOR FOR THERAPTOR ALL THE PROFESSIONALS USE IT IT IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Best Axle for my Raptor