Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Axle for my Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Axle for my Raptor

Ridley, your "lifetime warranties" are just lip service....I guess you don't get it. Heck the Ginsu comes w/ a lifetime sharpness warranty...you can buy one, I'll pass. An no, I don't just race in a straight line, I run my districts entire harescramble season besides various drags and dune trips. You obviously have no clue as to Team's reputation in the snowmobile industry either. If you use the website for a dealer/distributor locator, all the information you could ever want can, and will be provided. Unlike you, I don't claim to be the absolute source for "accurate" information. I know what I see, and know smoke when I hear it. I've run everything from front engine dragsters to 757's, so my technical and mechanical abilities aren't just acquired from a bar-stool. Once again, just trying to get information out here about a product which is worthy of consideration in the performance ATV industry. If you have an open mind, hopefully you can appreciate that. If you wear a pair of "foggles" all your life and don't get a big picture, I'm sorry. And, no, I'm not in any way payed or compensated for this.

If someone is such a claimed "expert" source, where is their name at pro level races. Probably on a lawnchair in the infield. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hooked on phonics baby....P R E D A T O R. Just like Y F Z. They're all good.

Old 03-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

I bent my axle on my V, and did a lot of searching on a new one. RPM doesn't make one yet, so my choices were Durablue, Lonestar, and Team. And after all said and done, I got the Team axle. It gave me the best options. I got the Billet hubs and I can go from a -1 to a +2 with the Team axle. It came with everything I needed to bolt on. It had the bearing and lock nut, which the Dura and lonestar I believe you had to buy one, or use your stock one. Another reason why I bought it is, I think these axle's come stock on a Predator, and so far I have not heard of a single time where someone bent there's. As far as warrenty goes, I guess I'll find out if I break mine.

Old 03-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Ridley, I agree with your opinion about RPM Dominator axles currently being the best choice for most racers. As you said the Team axle does not have the history of winning races and customer service reputation that RPM does. As least not yet. Lets give them some time to establish themselves. They will probably realize that to appeal to the largest portion of the market that they will need to offer some sort of warranty. When (if) more people start using them we will be able to get a better picture of their failure rate.

By the way, Duncan Racing uses the Team axles on many of their quads, including the "$25000 Dream Raptor", their race YFZ buildup, and the recent big money dune Raptor. All of them have been featured in the ATV mags recently. So there is at least one national caliber team that trusts them. Will we see more? Time will tell.

RR1

Old 06-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

UPDATE, I went with the x33. I have weighed them and the stock and x33 axle weight are the same. But the x33 is wider. When you add up the 2 wheel hubs, the brake hub, the sproket hub and replace with aluminum, that is where you save your weight. 3 LBs as best as I could tell. I had on extentions also that weighed 2.3LBs. So I figure 5.3 lbs less to spin.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

who is this "Team" Axle? How much are they for the Raptor, And, what is there warranty?

Old 06-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Durablue Eliminator x33 axle. sorry not team.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I went with JJ and A Racing (Link) they have the best "No Questions Asked" exchange warranty and they are less than 12 lbs with brake hub, sproket hub and wheel hubs. Very light weight and strong. Plus they are adjustable as needed.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

That is a sweet looking axle. If I break this one That is what I will check into. Then I will get new swing arm and carrier. Would it be a good idea to put in a zerk fitting in the stock carrier? Does someone have any pics?