Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ever had a run in with the COPS ......??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever had a run in with the COPS ......??

if your on a 4 wheeler i doesent count points off ur license if u get a ticket does it
i sure would run what is the chances that 6 ft cop car is going to fit through trees on top another in ur neighbors yard it wouldint hurt right unless u have a heli on top that is doutful unless u got a body on the back of ur wheeler

Old 03-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed that if you are on a utility going about 10 down the road they wont say anything to you. Its weird

Old 03-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

i rode up my road one time and turned around at the top of it and when i came back down there was 2 cops with the road blocked right in front of my driveway.

Old 03-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Well if your not doing anything wrong stop for them, if they pull you over. But if your in a area that is a place you can ditch them and you know the place well do it. But dont **** them off in town or anyone else go slow in town unless there is a hot chick you can bring up the front tires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think there is more too all these stories than what we are hearing... anyone with any sense of good judgment would stop for a cop... unless they know they have done something wrong... why would you see a cop, speed off and run from him for no reason?

dont get me wrong... if i was gonna get busted for something and i could get away... i would probably run too... but if there was any chance that i could get caught... then its not worth it... if you just cooperate with a cop... 9 times outa 10 you will get off alot easier than you think. but of course there is always officer dick.

Old 03-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

well i have a blaster and i get chased pretty often and i got caught once. But i dont have it registered or insured or anything, so if i see a cop i haul @ss to the nearest field or trail.

About 2 weeks ago i was headin home from my girlfriends house and i was on the road, but anyways i say a car pull into a driveway and turn around and just sit there. So i went off into the field across the road and pointed my light out towards it and noticed that it was a cop. So i shut my light off and turned around and headed the other way and he flew out after me. Than i went into another field and he was shinnin his spotlight out on me so i went over a little hill where he couldnt see me and was sitting there for about an hour before he left. Then I started headin for home again and i went by this road and he was sittin therewith his lights off and flew out after me again so i jetted to the nearest trail and took that the rest of the way home.

I think that if theres a way out then take it. If not then run and hope for the best

Keep the Rubber side Down

Old 03-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

Well..... Our high school is on the outskirts of town..... and my friend's mom likes right next to the school. So we ride to his mom's house sometimes and then walk to school. So everybody sees us ride in and everything... and the town cop lives right down the street. Well our principal hates 4wheelers... especially my raptor that is really loud, cause the white brothers pipe.......... well so one day he got all mad at us for riding in, so after school he had the cops sitting at the end of my friends moms driveway so when we drove down the road a few hundred feet to get to the nearest field the cop could pinch us and give us them fines. well we seen what was goin on..... so i fired up the raptor to just **** of the cop and all the teachers and the principle. and we hit that road and the lights came on the cop car and he was haulin a$$ after us for about 5 or 6 miles to around my house where we hit a logging road and lost him... but it was a great rush, and he knows who it was, but he hates our princliple like the rest of the people.... so he didnt really care.

Old 03-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

I never do anything to encourage the police,but here if you have a Raptor you can pretty much wheelie of at the drop of a green light and not even get flagged down.Raptors being the quads that the "mafia" and "d-dealers" drive they pretty much keep there distance...
But yesterday I powerslid straigh out of a junction that was just turning red and made an ilegal turn on three wheels(yes the Raptor is a little tippy),looked in my mirrors and saw something I hadnt seen before I made the exit=the "Guardia Civil" on two motorcycles waiting for the other light to turn green,the "Guardia Civil" being the most strict of all of them I started wishing I hadnt done it,but there light changed and they just followed me untill I turned off to another lane.
Moments like this have happened twice before to me but with the regular police,not the "Guardia Civil",if I was riding a bike,scooter(moped) or car theyd flag me down as soon as it was done without thinking twice...

Old 03-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

yea... i love my rappy..... i can wheelie it at will..... but it sucks cause i broke off the grab bar, so that kinda taught me how to balance, so i dont mess up the pipe

Old 03-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

My brother just broke his grab bar also lol i cant wait till the summer i always ride in the road trying to find cops to run from!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Ever had a run in with the COPS ......??