Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ever had a run in with the COPS ......??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever had a run in with the COPS ......??

riding on the road illegally or just making neighbors mad?

My only story is that about 2 months ago i was riding down my dead end steet and a cop pulled in coming towards me (and i had to pass him head on to get to my house) i was a little nervous but kept on driving
at a constant speed . He put his brakes on and my heart sank but he kept on driving.((guess he seen that donut shop [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )).
luckely i wore my helment on that ride and was not riding a wheelie down the street lol

any other stories??

Old 03-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

I haven't moslty becuz i live in the country but my buddy who lives in town always gets warning except for when he got his rancher impounded one night. lmao

Old 03-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

yea me and my friends were riding at an abandoned air port and we were chaced by cops but we got away!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Well I was riding one day on the side of road with two tires over the white line and license plate on the back and I saw the cop coming well they are all d**kheads and don't know any of the atv laws and I didn't feel like dealing with them so I turned the corner at my friends house and took off out through his field.

Well a little while later I stopped for gas at a gas station where one of my other friends work well I went inside and talked to my friend a little bit well while I was inside I seen the cop drive by and I noticed this was the cop I left in the dust earlier, well I go outside to leave and right up the road he is sitting in my other friends grandparents store parking lot just waiting for me to leave, so I get off my quad and go back in the store. Well about 10 minutes later he comes down and is like what happened I thought you were leaving and I was like I was but I'm not that stupid when I see you sitting up there and he's like ohh well I know that was you earlier on the atv that I saw and I was like yea so I had the license plate on and was following all the atv laws and he told me atv's weren't aloud to be anywhere near the road so I keep my book with me just for idiots like this pulled it out he read the one part gave the book back to me and said well one day I'm going to catch you and when I do that quad is mine.

So I got on my quad left the gas station kept two tires over the white line crossed the road at a 90 degree angle and took off up through a trail.

Old 03-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

so it is legal to ride in Pennsylvania not here (i dont think) and dont know how to tell if it is or not
what type of quad where u riding?

Old 03-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

my raptor it's not legal to ride on the road with all four tires you have to have two tires off the road

Old 03-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

how do u tell if it is legal where u live how u find out?

Old 03-21-2004, 01:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: grizzly2bad4u
how do u tell if it is legal where u live how u find out?
you have to call your local police station to find out.. Just about everywhere but where i live you can ride them on the street, i found out the hard way that you cant have them on the roads in Hammond Indiana....

Old 03-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Not for riding my Rappy, but for other reasons that I'm not entirely proud of....

Old 03-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

let me guess hummmmmm?????(thinking) GOT IT
not for riding ur raptor but for stealing it mabe

naw just jokeing

Quick Reply: Ever had a run in with the COPS ......??