Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

hollywood drit 240 kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hollywood drit 240 kit

Who are you posting your reply to? I never said anything about some guy I dont even know cheating on his wife or being unprofessional. You need to look at the name beside the post smart guy!

Old 03-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Criminalpoet
"I saw something about CT kits heating up"

That was me. And they are a good kit that produces good power but when ran real hard for very long periods of time they do tend to heat up.. Two of my friends have them and when were just hill shooting for short periods of time or doing a few drags here and there those kits are fine. But when we go on 45-60 mile hardcore desert rides they run real hot and we have to stop quite often so their bikes can cool down..
ive rode with a couple and found that not to be true... they actually appear to get no hotter then my other friends piped blaster... as for hollywoods work... i rode one last weekend and wasnt impressed... may have just been a sloppy build because everyone else thinks his works is good but im jus going by experience...

Old 03-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: phishnlabbat
Who are you posting your reply to? I never said anything about some guy I dont even know cheating on his wife or being unprofessional. You need to look at the name beside the post smart guy!

Yea sorry dude I was pushing the wrong quote button lol.... It was meant for the guy who made that statement. Again, sorry...

Old 03-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZBlaster
Originally posted by: Criminalpoet
"I saw something about CT kits heating up"

That was me. And they are a good kit that produces good power but when ran real hard for very long periods of time they do tend to heat up.. Two of my friends have them and when were just hill shooting for short periods of time or doing a few drags here and there those kits are fine. But when we go on 45-60 mile hardcore desert rides they run real hot and we have to stop quite often so their bikes can cool down..
ive rode with a couple and found that not to be true... they actually appear to get no hotter then my other friends piped blaster... as for hollywoods work... i rode one last weekend and wasnt impressed... may have just been a sloppy build because everyone else thinks his works is good but im jus going by experience...
Who owned the Hollywood Dirt built bike you rode? Also, how many long desert rides have you seen those CT sonic kits go on? Phragle is the guy whos Blaster was in either Dirt Wheels or ATV Action I forget which one but he recently won some big desert race in Cali. on his Blaster, he goes by the handle "Phragle" on BHQ. Anyways hes sponcered by CT and a few other big names and he was originally going to use the CT Sonic Kit heavily ported by Duncan Racing but he also ran into problems with heat and chose to instead use a stock 240 jug ported to the max and thats what he won on.

Believe it or not I have no reason to make things up, go over to BHQ and ask him and he'll tell you himself.......BTW, he has his Blaster up for sale for 12,500 decked out beyond beliefe.... Agin though, what was the owners name of that Hollywood Dirt built bike you rode? Because on mine I spanked stock Banshees and 400exs with ease...

Old 03-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

just because you rode on a blaster that had hollywood's work doesn't mean it was set up right with whomever installed it, you may not of been impressed because it could of been broken in wrong, or just has an all around bad combo of parts, can't get them all right.
I know when I switched to the lrd pipe combo from an fmf, my blaster was a whole new animal with the port work.

oh yeah, one more thing, message boards are getting less and less respectful in my opinion due to the cowardness of americans that hide behind a keyboard and a screen name, most people who write crap on message boards are just lame cowards that would never open their mouth to a persons face for fear of getting a whoop azz session, so they get 10 finger muscles and say crap on boards because of their lack of courage, its a sad state of affairs what has become of the internet and message boards, no wonder 3rd world countries are killing us off by the thousands, the last couple generations are to stupid and cowardess to understand how to handle themselves with any type of human honor towards each other, man is america in bad shape, and getting worse by the minute, just think of when bush takes away your freedom of speech, because he is such a follower of the religious rite movement, say all the crap you can now, cuz soon you'll be in a state of affairs like old **** germany was if bush remains in office!!

Vote Kerry!! or however you spell it.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Pete, once again you have raised a response from me. I will agree with you on the fact that americans in general are lazy cowards. I watched 3 of my fellow soldiers die less than 10 meters away from me because they were relaxing and not paying attention to detail. I didnt know them very well but I suppose they thought that just because they were Americans, that nothing bad could ever come upon them. I know this is a he!! of a thing to say but I dont feel bad for any of them because it was their lazy, relaxed, "nobody can touch me" attitude that got them killed and it could have been easily prevented. But as for kerry, he is a coward not just because he's a democrat but also because he protested a war that he fought in. No left winger would have ever taken the war on terrorism anywhere other than a microphone at a press conference. Sure vote democrat and let the planes keep coming. Do you think these terroists are stupid? They know how our government works and if we have a liberal president, they know that we wont do squat. As for "old **** germany", this is a democracy we live in and you must be insane if you think that the people of this country would let their freedom of speech be taken away. I cant say I agree with everything that my commander in chief has done but he is certainly the lesser of the two evils and doesnt go 180 degrees on issues from week to week like his two-faced, cowardly competitor kerry!
Dont let America get beat up....Vote Republican!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

i vote that we go back to talking about the 240 and forget about who will try and take over the world next,
because we all know that pinky and the brain will.

Old 03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

shav0.....youre right this thread has gond a little off topic. sorry about that

Old 03-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

anyways, all personal feelings aside here, I have yet to hear anything bad about the hollywood. I have heard some bad things about the CT racing kit (like overheating and stuff) but I have also heard good stuff about them as well.

It all depends on what style of riding you are doing and what you are looking for in your motor.
Something else to think about is rather then spending over 500 hundred dollars then see if you can get your hands on a old Yamaha IT490 engin. They stoped making them in 1984 but there are still lots around plus you can still get parts from the dealer for them. It can bolt right into a blaster frame with no modifications to it. This way you will have almost trippled your power. I think it puts out somthing like 37pounds of torque with over 60hp. (dont quote me on that)
This is what I am in the process of doing, and am hoping to have it done by the end of the summer. My little old blaster will be untouchable. muhahahahahah!

Old 03-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

My brother has a 1990 YZ490, and its basically the same engine as a blaster, but bigger, same design I mean, I hope your planning on extending the swing arm a few feet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I like pinky and the brain, but I think TJ Detwiler would make a better president then the one we have now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: hollywood drit 240 kit