Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Breeze stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Breeze stalling Problem

I bought a new 2003 Breeze about 8 months ago and it ran great until it began stalling, BUT it only stalls during a left turn. Going straight or turning right it runs fine, as soon as you turn left it acts just like it ran out of gas. It then needs the choke pulled, just to start, then its fine (straight or right). Fuel is good, flow from tank to carb is good, completely dissasembled carb, everything is clean and clear, adjusted float-tried several adjustments.

I talked to the dealer about it and they said they had no idea but it may be the wrong size jets, I told them it is all factory parts, and it did run fine. They said bring it in and they'll look at it. Sounds expensive, and I am on a tight budget.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like you said, check your cables when your turning the steering stem and see if any tighten up such as the choke or the wiring from the bars also. Sounds like something pretty easy if you have it still and just turning the bars.

Old 03-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll do that and report back, thanks for your input.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

well, when u turn it could be grabbing a choke cable like u say, or it could pinch a fuel line somehow. good luck

Old 03-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Check the electrical connections for the run switch and the wires to make sure it isn't shorting against something. Since it only happens when you turn left that switch is on the left side of the handle bars.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I finally got frustrated enough and took it to a local Yamaha dealer, after quite a bit of them fussing around with it, apparently the carb. floats were slightly out of adjustment, and it is VERY sensitive to that. They must have gotten bumped out of adjustment with my sons riding, hard to imagine, but the only thing I can figure.

Thanks for all your replies and help, while checking the cables and such I did find a wire that had "chaffed" thru to the wire, and a couple others that were partially worn, didnt cause a problem as of yet, but I'm sure it would. If you are sitting on the quad, the wiring harness goes down the right side of the steering column and is zip-tied from the factory to the frame, this is where the wires were rubbing. I taped them up well and moved them slightly so as to rub less. It might be worth taking a looks at yours. I have probably 50 hours or so on it.

Thanks again!