Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

best all around pipe for a blaster??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best all around pipe for a blaster??

hey i was wondering what the best pipe for the blaster. i mean like all around as in low end all the way to top end. and best bang for your buck, and i called the toomey place and the guy said that the kit could give it a 10 hp difference. now is this guy bs ing me or if its for real. i was thinking either the b-1 or the fmf fatty. so which one is better for all around i ride in mainly anywhere. but its getting time for me to order the pipe. so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

Alot of people have said some really good things about the toomey but there is no possible way that it will give you anywhere near 10hp, maybe 5 if your lucky. Toomey is a left side pipe which means that it comes out the left and goes in front of your air cooled cylinder(exhaust=heat). The best pipes to get are the right side pipes (Lrd, pro circuit, etc). They solve the heat issue and add substantial power at the same time but they will cost a little more than a fatty. I currently am running a fatty only because it came with my quad when I purchased it but if I had the money I would get the Lrd from trengaracing.com. Ive read that the fatty gives you more bottom to mid but I cant really comment on the performance of it because Ive never ridden with the stock pipe so I dont know where the gains are. I also have a new bills pipe/silencer that I got for free from a friend. I havent got a chance to try it yet, but when I do I will post the results.

Old 03-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Range Rover

i think that im going with the tranga lrd i talked to the guy and this is hands down the best pipe for a blaster there are so many things that makes this quad better like the fact its adjustable and its an amazing looking pipe too. so yea im going with that

Old 03-24-2004, 10:43 PM
Range Rover

My little bro has the Toomey B-1 for his 03 Blaster and it's is an extremely good pipe/silencer. He used to race his friends Z400 and get stomped, now he does the stomping from 1st to 4th gear then the Z400 goes by. They really add alot of power up top. I would say it gave about 7 peak horsepower. As for which side the pipe is on, the exhaust exits in the middle of the cylinder so I don't really think it matters which way the exhaust goes.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Range Rover

i do think that the b-1 is a good pipe and that is the pipe i wanted for the longest time. but there is something else about this pipe is that it is adjustable so that i can adjust it to have more low end power or i can adjust it to give me more top end power. or i can keep it equal for both top and low. i think that is a kool feature.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

That is a pretty cool feature. I think you will be happy as long as you don't get a DG pipe for it. Those are total crap. LRD pipes are pretty too.