Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior trash update BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2000, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally off subject but does your HPD pipe give off a lot more heat than stock?

Old 07-17-2000, 12:49 AM
GJ
Range Rover

I agree with you MSTER. When you pay $5000 dollars for a new machine it is expected that it is assembled correctly, and with good parts. When its not.......well thats the reason manufactures have warranty's. They should stand by them. I dought they will give you a new bike but they should get you a new motor, I feel the same as you do, (and with good reason) about a dealer rebuilt motor, its not likeley they will spend the time to inspect all oil related parts to spec, torque bolts to spec, bla bla bla... These guys are paid by the hour, probably never did one yet, and have 10 other things some one is trying to get them to do. I would find it hard to swallow, not having a new motor on my new $5000 bike cause someone had a bad day.. thats bull. GJ

Old 07-17-2000, 07:25 AM
Range Rover

the dealer says yamaha will only let them repair the damage that the mechanic sees at this time. no hopes for a new engine

Old 07-17-2000, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

MSTER,
Here is Yamaha customer services number I would call them and complain to them myself If I was you. Don't give up if they put you on hold and call them everyday and bug the crap out of them until they give in. Ask to speak to there supervisor and everything. I had to do that with my axle for my Wolverine and finally they sent me one. Although it was not covered under warranty they sent it as a good will jesture. But I just kept bugging them until they did. Don't yell or get mad at them, but keep complaining.

Good Luck
Justin
E-mail me if you need anything else I will try and help.

Phone# 1-800-635-0736

Old 07-17-2000, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you, you should get a new atv, your dealer should go to bat for you, if he doesn't tell him you will never buy another atv from them.

Old 07-18-2000, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

thank you for the number , i have already called them a week ago and they told me that yamaha does not replace engines or entire bikes but they will repair this one. i also got a supervisors name but he wasnt there at that time. ive tried several days since then, for hours at a time, and cant get through. its always busy.
i originally took the machine back to town and country motor sports were i bought it .they told me that i would have to pay the diognostic fees to find out what was wrong with it in the first place. and their mechanic that they sent out to listen to it was dumber than a box of rocks.i had also heard many horror stories about their svc. dept. so i took it to another local dealer. i dont believe that they are very willing to go to bat for me.
just to let you know - both of these dealers are multi -manufacturer dealers they sell almost everything

Old 07-20-2000, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

i agree with jcs except for the yelling part. If calm and cool doesn't do it. Start stomping mud holes. Works for me. The squeeky wheel gets replaced....Folks that are in the people business know that if you tell the customer "NO" enough times he'll back off. I've always refused to buy that. Turn that around and persist until you get a new motor at least.

Old 07-20-2000, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

ask for a customer service rep or customer relations rep. Make sure your starting at the regional level at least. Try not to waste your time talking to anyone who is insignificant.(supervisor is not significant) Where ever you get though, work on escalation of the issue. When you think you have reached someone who can make things happen, thats the one you yell at when the right time comes. I may sound full of it but I really am good. You'd be amazed at what you can make happen when you don't accept "no" for an answer. good luck.

Old 07-20-2000, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

i also know how it is i had just bought a brand new 2000 polaris trailboss i had had it for about a month and low and behold it bloes up them it spent 4 of the 6 months i had in the shop polaris is one company that dont stand by ther products

Old 07-21-2000, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

IT LOOKS LIKE THE BEST THAT THEIR GOING TO DO FOR ME IS EXTEND THE WARRENTY ANOTHER 6 MONTHS, AND NEXT DAY AIR THE PARTS TO MY DEALER(WICH ISNT A BIG DEAL CAUSE IT WILL PROBABLY SIT FOR A WEEK TILL THEY FIX IT).
IT TOOK ME A TOTAL OF 4.5 HOURS (OVER 2DAYS) TO GET THROUGH TO THEIR CUSTOMER SVC.#, THEN ANOTHER 45MIN ON HOLD JUST TO TALK WITH SOMEONE.(I GUESS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT BOUGHT THEIR JUNK)
ILL KEEP BUGGING THEM BUT IT DOSNT LOOK LIKE IM GETTING ANYWERE.

Quick Reply: warrior trash update BEWARE!