Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-21-2000, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

war99
and I'm gonna blow by u on my nitrous injected, turbo charged, 500 h.p 4,000ex!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2000, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a friend that bought a new $7000 quad last Christmas. When he got it home he rode it around a little and it started backfiring, would not go over 35 mph, and constantly died....He took it back and asked the dealer to check it out. They spent the next 3 weeks with his NEW bike in the shop and still could not figure out what was wrong with it. At this point he was disgusted and took it to another local dealership. They could not fix it either, and told him to take it back where he got it and demand for them to replace the bike. When he took it back to them, they refused to refund his money or give him a new one, so he contacted a good lawyer...After the lawyer sent the manufacturer a letter, two weeks later he received a call from the place where he bought the quad. He came home that night with a brand new bike that he has had no problems with since.
Maybe you should contact an attorney.

Weekend Warrior

I had a friend that bought a new $7000 quad last Christmas. When he got it home he rode it around a little and it started backfiring, would not go over 35 mph, and constantly died....He took it back and asked the dealer to check it out. They spent the next 3 weeks with his NEW bike in the shop and still could not figure out what was wrong with it. At this point he was disgusted and took it to another local dealership. They could not fix it either, and told him to take it back where he got it and demand for them to replace the bike. When he took it back to them, they refused to refund his money or give him a new one, so he contacted a good lawyer...After the lawyer sent the manufacturer a letter, two weeks later he received a call from the place where he bought the quad. He came home that night with a brand new bike that he has had no problems with since.

Weekend Warrior

Old 07-23-2000, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

That's the kinda thing you can't just say "oh well" about. They're legally liable. You paid your money for complete ATV, this obviously wasn't. E-mail, write, and call Yamaha until you find someone who will listen to your story, or if not your story, then your threats. Tell them your gonna take your story to your local news, or dedicate a web site to people who have been ripped off by Yamaha. If you raise enough of a stink, then someone will listen.
Good luck!

Old 07-24-2000, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

I would pay a local attorney the $50 he might charge to write a letter, and forward it to the highest ranking Yamaha represenatative you can obtain the name of. Also include a letter from yourself explaining your situation in your own words and your past loyalty to the company.If you get no where with this individual, ask for his boss and harass Yamaha until they give in. Also push your local dealer to stand up for you.

Good luck.

Greg

Old 07-26-2000, 08:18 AM
Range Rover

all i could get the wad heads at yamaha to do is extend the 6 month warrenty to 1 year and next day air all the parts. but i have to wait for a new head from japan so that dosnt help much .
i hope none of you ever have to call yamaha , it took me over 2hrs of continuous automatic redial the 1st time and closer to 3 hrs the second time. unfotunatly i dont have the time to keep on calling them. ya think they planned it that way?

Old 07-30-2000, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

i got it back today . they only rebuilt the top end - head ,cam , valves , rockers ect. they told me they were going to completely rebuild top and bottom except the tranny. they scratched up the frame -reused all the oil seals,stripped the oil drain plug.
am i just being a whinner here ????
or did i get f%#ked
should i just sell it ? or shut up and ride it?
any way thanks to all who responded!!!

Old 07-30-2000, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Trailboss you blew up a 4 stroke? what exactly happened? also the warranty is only as good as the dealer. Trust me they can do allot more if they want to. I have seen them use someone elses warranty that was still good(they had the same quad so they just charged it to chris's warranty) to help a guy out, so to blame the company is not always fair. My father recently had a deal with his truck, they said nope not covered and turns out after a call to the company it was a problem on all the trucks ,and was being replaced free they called the dealer and the dealer the next day picked up my dad and gave him a new truck to use for the 3 days it was being fixed.

Quick Reply: warrior trash update BEWARE!