Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior trash update BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2000, 06:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found out what was wrong with my 2000 warrior
(5 hours on it) under the clutch cover is the oil pump with the oil line that feeds the top end. seems the idiots at the factory didnt tighten the banjo bolts that hold the line at both ends. so i had a 7 inch oil line ,4 crush washers and 2 banjo bolts flying around for 5 hrs. the bolts were found in the transmission . will they buy it back?-NO ,will they give me a new one?- NO , will they replace the engine?- NO, will they have it for the next month?-YES.
YOU WOULD THINK THAT A MANUFACTURER AS BIG AS YAMAHA WOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT BETTER THAN THAT!!!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A YAMAHA!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2000, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe not, but you're stuck on your Warrior, advertising for Yamaha until you get rid of it.

Old 07-16-2000, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer

Don't knock the machine just because of poor assembly and service. It might just be your local dealer. Our Yamaha dealer is also a Honda dealer, so what does that say? If that was faulty when you got it then they're are legally liable for it, but you'd somehow have to prove it. Good luck, and I'd get a lawyer in on it if you have to.

Old 07-16-2000, 03:20 AM
Range Rover

Sounds like the guy that built it made a mistake. But i would say that if the dealer fixes it good as new you should be happy. What you have to remember is that our toys are built by people just like you and me. And we make mistakes. It is not really yamahas fault its the guy that built it. He was obviously having a bad day. Now unless you are perfect and have had a totaly error free life i think you should consider relaxing a bit. You are not gona get a new quad you will get the quad you baught with a new motor. And yes its gona take awhile but thats the way it goes.

Old 07-16-2000, 03:38 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry to hear your bad news!! A situation such as this is difficult for everyone involved I know how it feels as I used to build farm equipment and when it came back due to something I had done wrong I felt so stupid but like they say were only human try not to let it get too you, I would ask for a loan bike while yours is being fixed, I wouldnt blame Yamaha for this it could happen to any brand and no other brand would replace the bike or engine I think they would all fix it oh well good luck mate!!

Old 07-16-2000, 03:05 PM
Range Rover

ok- i am going to agree with some of what you guys are telling me. to err is human. i will take back the comment that the assembly tech at the factory was an idiot, he may have just been having a bad day,as i was the day that i wrote this post because my dirt bike got stolen the same day my new warrior siezed up,2 weeks after my lakota oil pump siezed and cooked the top end of it. can you see a little tension here?

here is my beef!-new machine, being gently broken in , 5 hrs later the engine is trashed, needs a complete rebuild.
yamaha has $5,000.00 dollars of my money. money that i worked long and hard for so i could buy a NEW machine, so as not to inhearit some one elses problems. what do i have ? a f%#*ked over rebuilt machine that probably wont last as long as a taken care of 95'.
now i know the machine should be rebuilt to normal, but in the real world mechanics do not torque every bolt,check every tolerance,leave out a washer here, over torque a bolt there,leave metal shavings every were and a year from now i have serious problems and no warrenty.
yamaha is a multi-billion dollar company.i helped them get that way by purchasing 5 machines from them in my lifetime.what happened to costomer satisfaction and put the customer first and the consumer is always right. they know that they are going to have bikes that will leave the factory with problems,and their prices reflect these costs, but most are minor adjustment. this was an internal oil line to feed the top end. it was OFF!! , not in need of adjustment ! off! they should accept responsibility in a case as this and cut their losses. if the dealer got me into a new machine today and they rebuilt my old one and sold it as a used 2000,their loss would be minimal and every one would be happy.

I AM NOT HERE TO RAG ON YOU GOOD PEOPLE !

i guess i wanted to see how other people resolved their problems with the giant corperation and advise any one, that had a new machine purchase in their future,that they will not deal with you in good faith after they get your money.
THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS!!

RIDE ON!

Old 07-16-2000, 05:18 PM
Range Rover

I disagree! I had a Warrior that was 3 days old when the frame cracked on a weld. Yamaha said it was up to the dealership wether they were responsible. THE DEALERSHIP TOOK MY SIDE and Yamaha paid for a new frame and the cost to change over all components. If you have a good dealership you would be fine becuase I know Yamaha stands behind there products. The dealership told me that if I had a Honda I would'nt have been so lucky.

Old 07-16-2000, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I feel bad for you. Sell It after you get it fixed and buy something else.

00 400ex
http://cory.hotsetups.com/

Old 07-16-2000, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

Corey don't feel so bad I'm selling it and getting the first Raptor at my dealership. Just hold your breath and move over as I blow by your 400ex.

Old 07-16-2000, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

here we go

Quick Reply: warrior trash update BEWARE!