Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee or raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee or raptor

my cousin says a stock raptor is faster than a stock banshee. is it?

Old 03-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

I would say its all rider on that one. But I believe it was dirt wheels that tested the 03 LE Banshee and LE Raptor. Both stock and they draged them and 10 outa 10 times the shee won. However I really dont trust anything they say. Tell him it really doesnt matter, who rides anything stock. If they do then there probably not worried about being fast and usually cant drive. If the shee gets pipes and some free or minor mods hes gona need big bucks to hang. Thats the only fact that I can tell you about the two.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

I've had them both and I can tell you my stock banshee felt faster than my stock Raptor, but stock is a poor comparision since they don't really stay that way for long. After a few mods to them both the Banshee will be roosting the poor Raptor to death, even though not many here will agree with me .....trust me I have had both and the sudden hard hitting pull on a banshee compared the the linear pull of the Raptor makes it a whole lot funner to ride if your into speed.
My 686 Raptor got up to 86 MPH
My Banshee is up to +96MPH

Old 03-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Banshee is faster, Raptor has a better ride.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

im pretty sure the banshee is faster and like HIRAM said the banshee is alot more fun to ride

Old 03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah and i tihnk your oppinion is as bias as they come

Old 03-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

There pretty much dead even until Mods come into play, But out of me and my buddys Banshee Both Stock, the Raptor has a little more Top End.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hiram
I've had them both and I can tell you my stock banshee felt faster than my stock Raptor, but stock is a poor comparision since they don't really stay that way for long. After a few mods to them both the Banshee will be roosting the poor Raptor to death, even though not many here will agree with me .....trust me I have had both and the sudden hard hitting pull on a banshee compared the the linear pull of the Raptor makes it a whole lot funner to ride if your into speed.
96MPH.... Ha.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hiram
...I agree

Old 03-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

I believe what hiram said 100%. With a 17 tooth front sprocket his banshee could pull 96. It might take a little while for it to get there, but he has cpi's, port work, and high compression pistons. You are lookin at a good 60hp+ with that setup. I've seen a fully drag ported banshee running on alcohol with stock displacement and out of frame pipes that had right around 100hp. No one is gunna believe this but I saw it with my own eyes.

Quick Reply: banshee or raptor