Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Yfz450 in my eyes....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Yfz450 in my eyes....

Have you ridden a 450, I mean seriously man? The Raptors torque can feel meek sometimes, the 450 is also a torque monster after experiencing it. Even in stock trim.

In my eyes.

A machine of genius almost, outstanding on the trail, outstanding on the track, outstanding in the sand. Theres nothing to argue about, it just performs amazing.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva
Thats not my opinion, its simple fact
lmfao a fact? wow someone is over confident
Your the one that is acting over confident.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

YFZ doesnt have as much torque as the Raptor. We know that, but its fast revving and snappy engine makes up for that.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva
I can't believe how much more torque that thing has in comparison to my raptor.
someone should teach your friends what torque is then...

Was a very easy lesson.. all they had to do was ride my YFZ for 15 minutes.

Maybe you should try that simple lesson!!

Old 03-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Little out of line on the trails and hill climbs(trail hill climbs). I believe the Raptor excels on the trails, hill climbs, and drag's.

YFZ maybe better in dunes(no experience there), and is defeinetly superior on the mx track.

Not wanting to get back into the war with you again Ridley, but the Raptor was built for the trails, and the YFZ for the track...

Old 03-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I used to be so set on a raptor until I got some seat time on a 450. It absolutely amazes me that it can be quick as a mother, but jumps amazing, turns amazing, and wont even get a hint of it being unstable at high speeds.you sure notice that Yamaha put a lot of time into the machine.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

One thing that limit's the YFZ, is it's cc size, because it can only be bored so far, and with it's already tricked out motor, there is little room for overall improvement. I know it hasn't been out long, and that there will be more mod's to come for the engine, but at the current moment, they do not gain large amounts of HP like other quads with internal mod's
I added a Pipe, K&N Air Filter and rejetted for a 10+ H.P. increase? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Plain and simply said the bike has too much torque and H.P. and will tear your arms up after a day on the trails. Get yourself a steering dampner and hold on! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

He said internal mods, being inside the case. The YFZ engine is built from the factory, excluding things such as exhaust and intake. I know of cases in which a Curtis Sparks exhaust and intake will add 13hp to the YFZ, after that, the only other thing to do is the cam mod really, there isnt much more. How do YFZs react to polished ports? I got a YFZ yesterday, the machine is insane. For laid back trail riding, I think Id ride my Z. The suspension is plush and the seat fells good. The YFZ isnt really meant to be ridden in a laid back manner, otherwise, Yamaha would have thrown on a thick soft seat and made the suspension soft too. Id much rather have a quad that ride the track better than any other stock quad ever and still be able to trail ride than to have a quad that is good for trails but gets abused on the track. I know fist hand, we have a Z and YFZ.

Old 03-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

OUCH!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

And I saw this jibberish coming from a mile away. Obviously I know nothing, so I will just turn the other cheek on this topic's. You guys are right...the YFZ is the best quad ever built, and nothing will ever compete with it. It will out run drag banshee's, out climb the best riders on any quad, beat anything on the mx track, and in some cases, will fly coast to coast like a 747 lier jet.

You obviously know so much about me. You have climbed the hills that I have, and ridden the trails I have. You have raced right along side me at the 300ft track, and on all the pavement and fun drag races I have. You must have a special television and watch everything I do. So I have no need to fight on these posts anymore with you. I mean you have it all figured out.

And you are from Ohio bud, so you should bring your YFZ down and go riding with us once. I mean you have it all figured out, and I would even put you up in my house, and let you hang for an entire weekend if you wanted to ride. We could switch quads, hill climb, drag race, do whatever for a entire weekend. I mean there is several differnt quads for you to jump on around here and race, and there is plenty of hill climbs you can follow me up.

Then you can come back to the forum's(even use my computer), and tell the forum's I know nothing, that I don't ride, that I have nothing, and can't do anything more then type on here. But if you ever make the trip, and you end up picking up the piece's of your YFZ at the bottom of the hill, you can't make any excuses that you have a MX quad, because as you say...the YFZ isn't built for MX, it's a trail quad without reverse.

But think about it...you come down and you can stay at the motel here, or ever at my house and ride for a weekend. I'll even put you up in the motel if you want. You just pay your gas down and back. And if you think this is a joke, then think again, because I'm serious. It really get's aggravating when someone like you talks sh*t about me, when you know nothing about me. So consider it, and let me know.

Quick Reply: The Yfz450 in my eyes....