Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WARRIOR GOOD CHOICE OR BAD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARRIOR GOOD CHOICE OR BAD?

Hello
I have a 04 warrior and I really enjoy it. This machine is a trail riding king in my opinion. If you like running down a trail at warp speed and get side tracked. You just put it in reverse and get out of any bad situation. Mud riding,,hehe the low end torque, just hang on and becareful you can roost dirt sand and just upset anyone your riding with by giving them a bath in filth. Ya you don't have the top end of a raptor or banshee, but when the heck are you going to be able to use the entire top end range when trail riding. You can wheelie a warrior with ease. The heavy front end is good for hill climbing and sometimes it still comes up while shooting up a hill. I just feather the throttle and it does fine to keep it down.
Cons you need to relplace the rear swing arm upon perchase and install a different bumper and put hole shots all the way around. I recomend a set of nerfs to keep you away from the trees. Put a dyno jet kit stage one in it and a power core 4 exhaust and K&n filter on it and you have a serious trail/ sand/ mud riding machine. I have twenty inch hole shots on the rear and twenty two's on the front. The only time I have been upset with my quad is driving it on pavement to get to the trails. Instead of being able to go 75 Im limited to 65.
I weigh 290 and 6"2 I feel comfortable on this quad.
Upsets, I have beaten my dads 700 04 Polaris with my 20 inch hole shot tires, I got my doors blown off by the same quad though when I put my stockers back on. I make that boat look sick in the woods though. I have beaten a 03 Kodiak on the sand. I have beaten several Blasters. I have beaten a Mojave and made them look sick, I raced a piped Banshee and the driver was the same size and weight. He beat me five times by about ten bike lengths. Cons if your going to jump this quad any higher than six foot, I recomend changing the shocks, it lands very roughf