Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Toomey or Lrd??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toomey or Lrd??

I have a 2001 yamaha blaster and i am trying to decide on what kind of pipe to get for it. Which do you think is a bettter pipe the Toomey B1 or the Lrd? Why?? Thanks JD

Old 04-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Toomey or Lrd??

I researched them both and am very happy with my Toomey. It does everything they said and customer support, as in on the phone, is awesome. I have talked with Stuart Toomey hisself more than once.
the pipe fit well and went right on...rem toomey is a KIT, not just a pipe. you get new main jet and new airfilter , plus the pipe , silencer, crossbar pad and that great phone support if you have any questions. Mine's set up now, I'm at 4000 feet alt so jetting has to be precise, and it RIPS. it surprises people! I'm really happy with it. two thumbs up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Toomey or Lrd??

The toomey is a good pipe kit for a STOCK blaster, but with a ported blaster it will leave you wanting more, the lrd is designed more for modified blaster engine than stock, but also works good with the stock design, the 310 main jet they give you with the toomey is plain overkill, nothing more than a 260 main is needed with the stock carb, if your planning on porting mods later on, definately go with the lrd, because you WILL be disappointed with the toomey if you have that work done.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Range Rover
Default Toomey or Lrd??

hey i went through the same thing as you deciding between the exhasuts and i called both trenga and toomey and the trenga guy knew way more and it turns out i took the trenga and lrd exhaust. but the only bad part about it is that i have to wait for like 3 more weeks cuz about 50 more people want it and it does come with a new jet kit. and they are excellent with the blaster. and i agree with potentpete so check trenga out at www.trengaracing.com. ALSO I AM NOT DISRESPECTING TOOMEY AT ALL but i am just planing on modding my blaster and i am not sure if toomey is going to be as good as the trenga lrd pipe. just in my opinion.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Toomey or Lrd??

its not that big of a difference but u would want to go with the lrd if u wont those couple extra horses, but with the stock bored the tommey does better

Old 04-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Range Rover
Default Toomey or Lrd??

how do u know this??? they are two completely diff. the toomey is a left side pipe which is not good becasue u got the hot air from the pipe blowing on ur cool head. but the trenga lrd pipe is a right side pipe so u get the maximum horses out of this pipe. but its kool that in the b-1 u get the pipe, muffler, air filter, jets and all the lil extras. but i would just go out and buy a k and n filter rather than what they give you cuz i dont thinks its k and n. the trenga exhaust looks sick lol.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Toomey or Lrd??

i wouldnt post it if i didnt kno it for sure or id ask a question, i talked to marc on hollywood dirt about it if u really wanted to kno

Old 04-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Toomey or Lrd??

naaaa im not drying to be an a$$ i was just curious. and i think this guy from trenga knows what hes talking about. theve been in the buisness for like 11 years. and hes not guna try to make u spend all this extra money on a bore kit when u can get the same stuff out of a port and polish job. if u give me ur email ill email the thing he sent me on what i should people should do to their blasters to make them fast. its like 5 pages.

Old 04-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Toomey or Lrd??

toomeys

Old 04-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Toomey or Lrd??

Thanks everyone for yalls reply. I definently take all those things into consideration before i get one.. JD

Quick Reply: Toomey or Lrd??