Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

So i was thinkin....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i was thinkin....

Well it finaly dried out enough to ride the new gale (04' raptor) a little more, I noticed that the brakes on thease things kinda suck, im not sure if they just arn't bled right or if they just need to break in a little more, but they dont seem like the want to get the job done like my banshee did, any of you notice the lack of brakes on the raptor?. and as much as i like the four stroke power, i sure do miss the ol bansheerod. sorry for the long one boring night.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Brake system on the Rappy/Banshee are one and the same

Old 04-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

I too hate the brakes on the raptor. I dont mess around alot, but doing endos on the raptor suck, require a bounce, and squeezing the lever in all the way. On my blaster, and could pull it in half way and bam! the tail would come up.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know they have the same componets for the most part, but mine are lacking in the performance area, they just seem like the need to be bled, which i will do tomorrow and see if that helps, i mean you almost have to stand on the rear brake lever to get them to brake hard, and i havent even been riding hard taken it easy on the new gale.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

we're just all throttle mainly, don't worry too much about brakes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Range Rover

trdtacoma, what kind of lift are you running? complete suspension or susp./body? got pics? i have a dodge right now, gas is getting higher by the week, i am thinking about trading the gas hog in for a good toyota, and i will want to run a lift on the next truck i get. thanks

Old 04-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

I have not noticed any brake performance issue relative to riding quads like the warrior, banshee, Z400, 400ex, ect.... You probably have some air in your lines or a leak. Get it checked out and they should lock up like any other quad you have ridden.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Its a 00' tacoma, I will get pics up sat ngt, but i have 3" sus and 3" body, kinda wish i would have gone with the 6" sus, but for now this is good enough, the only thing i dont like about tacomas and tundras for that matter, is when putting on bigger and wider tires you have to get a pretty extreme offset, to clear the stupid knuckle that comes up, with stock tires there only about an inch clearence, i just ord my 32/11.50R/15 tires on 10" rims they will be here in a couple weeks, but i love the way these trucks look with wide *** tires on.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

Awesome. I used to have a 1998 Z71 Tahoe with a 6" suspension lift, and 35"/12.50/15. I loved it, but the front eventually just gave out, i busted both CVs, tie rods, torsion bars were screwed, and ball joints need to be replaced. I also had a manifold leak, and was loosing compression in the engine. So I sold it last January and got the one of the new dodges. I love it, but i really miss the look of a jacked up vehicle. So i figure eithier go for a Tacoma, Tundra, or 4 Runner, or even maybe a Jeep Cherokee. Something with a 6cyl, will get better gas mileage then the dodge w/ hemi. The only problem with a SUV i would have to get a trailor to haul my 4 wheeler around in. Thanks

Old 04-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Range Rover

They have a recall on the all he Raptors for the brakes.They put in some new Orings and a few other peices.They said it causes air bubbles to get in the line,but I think that is for the rear brakes.