Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

K&N clamp ons on a stock banshee, could this be bad? Is it too much air?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would happen if i took off the endcaps on my stock banshee pipes?

Just wondering?

Old 04-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nothing. sorry dude

Old 04-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

do you think that it might help my flow a little bit? I was just wondering because fbombers said if i run with K&N clamp ons with outer wears and no air box, my stock pipes will get too hot because of all the excess air being put into the motor even if i rejetted the carbs, he said it still wouldn't work. I would really like to buy some T-5's but the money just isn't there, so is there any thing i could do so i could maybe run this set up. I wouldn't have even got the K&N's but my stock air filter was sh*t. It wasn't till after i ordered them i realized what they really were. Any suggestions, or any fixes would be great.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default K&N clamp ons on a stock banshee, could this be bad?

bump

Old 04-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default K&N clamp ons on a stock banshee, could this be bad?

has anyone else heard of this?

Old 04-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default K&N clamp ons on a stock banshee, could this be bad? Is it too much air?

not a good idea, it will not help you at all, well maybe a tiny bit. you will need a higher flow exhaust to take advantge of your open filters.

Ahmed

Old 04-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default K&N clamp ons on a stock banshee, could this be bad? Is it too much air?

Man I'm sorry I rained on your mods,but I'd hate to see ya have the same problems I've had in the past.My advice is if ya want to run the filters,find a used set of pipes on planetsand.com.Go to 2-stroke classifieds and put a post wanting a set of used T-5's.Most of the guys on there run CPI's so any other brand always go for next to nothing.Get ya a timing plate for 40 bucks on ebay,set it on 7 degrees,and a set of 22-12-8 8 paddle haulers and it'll haul *****.I hate to give out secrets but we've had bikes go 5.4 to 5.6 in 300ft with no portwork and stock carbs with #30 pilot jets and #290-310 mains.If ya need any more help let me know.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

7 degrees of timing is the same as Vitos drag key. I have used them in the past on Banshees and they are a big help....4 degree key is for wimps.

Old 04-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

I just wanted to say thanks, Fbombers you didn't rain on my mods you gave some helpful advice. I was just wanting to see if there was any possible way to run with the K&N's with stock pipes, but hey if you can't you can't, no biggie. But thanks for the planetsand.com link i'm going to go check it out, is there any noticeable differences as fas as power goes with a set of used shee pipes compared to new ones? For the record the only reason i was trying so hard to find a way to benefit from the K&N's with stock pipes was for this weekend, Easter family get together at my house. My uncle is going to bring in his 400ex and ride around. I just wanted to be able to really smoke him. I realize i should smoke him anyways but the 400 isn't stock (full yoshi exhaust, no airbox K&N, High comp wiesco). I'll still get him but i wanted it to be bad this time, i raced him before and he could hang till about 4th, and then it was over. (i could've only let him hang till about 3rd but i didn't really want to wheelie out of first). Once again thanks for the help.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry I haven't replied back,I had surgery to fix my collarbone yesterday.Yes it was from a drag banshee,go figure.There is absolutely no difference in new or used,just make sure there are no dents because it will disturb airflow.

Quick Reply: K&N clamp ons on a stock banshee, could this be bad? Is it too much air?