Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kodiak gives birth to Raptor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodiak gives birth to Raptor...

I just added a Raptor50 to the group. My little boy says it is a baby quad just like daddys. Added his pics to the page and as soon as I get my digital camera back I will be able to get some better ones of it. AlaskaBoy.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:47 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I bet your son was excited and I can still remember getting my first dirtbike.

Did he know you were bringing it home?

Old 04-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

We tried to pick it up with the Expedition but it would not fit so I told him we had to wait till momma comes home with my truck. Of course this went over like a lead brick, he was certain he was not getting his quad, it even had his name on it but he was not getting it because it would not fit. When I brought it home in the truck his little sister beat him out the door for the first ride. If you looked at the photos you will notice the smile on his face, it is still there. In fact he keeps asking if it is time to go out an ride it?

There is alot of snow still so the only place we have to ride is in the driveway and even though we are not supposed to I have been following him up and down our street with the tether cord yelling slow down or BRAKE. He is catching on realy quick and this weekend is the big outing to let him ride it in a VERY LARGE OPEN AREA, this is going to be a blast. AlaskaBoy.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey thats great....I still remember my first bike at the ripe old age of 5. I am sure it's 10X more gratifying than buying one for yourself. That will be great when he can go riding with the crew....in the easy riding areas of course...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

gary, he is already spinning around in circles and trying to jump it. I think I am in trouble and he is only 4 1/2. AlaskaBoy.

Old 04-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ahh yes...boys will be boys. My first ride was an old Indian 50...it had a Tecumpsah (sp?) 5 hp engine on it. There was an old drainage ditch beside my house maybe a foot deep. I placed a cinder block at the edge and laid a board on it....the ramp was set. I hit the ramp WFO and piled up on the other side...LOL. I still remember riding that thing from daylight until dark....anything that had gas in it was subject too being drained...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].