Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

any teenagers in here that work on their own quads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any teenagers in here that work on their own quads?

Is there anyone in here that actually knows how to work on their quads? I put a top end in my shee about two months ago with a little help from my step dad and a clymer manual. I've installed pipes and changed out jets numerous times. I can change jets in like 15 mins now (mains anyway, needles take a little longer). I guess when you own a banshee though, it helps to be handy.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have changed jettings added pipes, Warn 424 select assembily, handlebars, parking brake block off, Custom LED assembily, big bear/wolverine hub cap switch, and cleaned clutch.. NEver really into the motor... But hey i try

Old 04-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work on mine....I have installed everything aftermarket I put on there with a little help on some things from my dad....my dad also welded my footpeg bolt back in...because i dont know how to weld Yet....but I work on mine all the time when it needs something.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Installed Jet kit, Filter, Pipe and header. Played with the jetting myself, installed bars, and also me and my friend installed a Stage 2 hotcam in his Raptor. Not much, but I do what I can.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

the normal stuff. pipes, jets, changing of pads and bearings(pain in the b*lls) axle. never broke into the motor yet though.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

i know a lot about modern day engines, i pretty know how they work and with a manual i think i can put in most things but i havent really worked on a quad except for simple stuff, maintenance

i work on lawnmower a lot i know a lot about lawnmowers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just today i was out messing with my lawnmower taking off stupid little parts and trying to get it to run, stupid carb is messed up, i just realized my carb wasnt even bolted onit had no bolts tightening the carb on to the intake, i got it for free because it didnt run[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I have also changed out front sprockets and took a link out of my chain without a chain breaker. I have adjusted my floats and changed out a clutch cable.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have adjusted my valves, Changed my front and rear sprockets, knocked a link out of my chain, change oil filter and oil, changed handlebars, straightened head light guard using mapp gas torch, changed brakes, changed bearings in axle and front wheels, put nerf bars on, cut my fenders, put my pipe on, and installed my front bumper

Old 04-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I rebuilt my raptor tranny with someone watching me, so I guess you could say I had help. Since then I've done the smaller stuff alone: have had my Banshee top end apart for porting and new head, did a couple carb changes and messed with jetting on all 3 different carb setups, and I have it apart again right now, fixing the nothing that I thought was something.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, I air up my own tires too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: any teenagers in here that work on their own quads?