Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ordered My JTM Extension from Craycraft. Couple Questions Inside...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Ordered My JTM Extension!

I ordered it Friday from Bob Craycraft. I am very excited to see how well I can get it to run on the bottle. Before, it just stood up all the time, so I can't wait to see the difference. Also, I have yet another story on how wondeful of a guy Bob is to work with. I told him I had my mom's debit card to pay with. He said he only accepts PayPal and money orders, but that he could email me an application for PayPal and everything would be good and I would hopefully get it ordered (direct from JTM) that night. It was about 4:45 when I called. Anyway, I get off the phone with him and wait for the email. Nothing. I call him back and say that I have not received the email yet. He says, don't worry, it'll get there. And get this, he had already ordered the extension for me! I was ecstatic, to say the least. Anyway, I called him back on Saturday when I got home from work (like 7:00). He picked up (which I thought was awesome, because it was so late) and I told him that I had still not gotten the email. He said that since it was a debit card it might take a little bit longer so just wait a couple days and then get a hold of him, and if it still hadn't came, that he would just take a check.

I was VERY impressed with Craycraft. He had enough trust to do that for me. Anyway, to sum up my story, I would just like to say that Bob Craycraft is nothing short of THE MAN when it comes to doing business or just chatting.

Also, I have a question for any of you guys with the JTM.

How hard was the install? How many link chain are you guys running? Size tires? Gearing setup? Good instructions with the kit?

Also, do any of you guys know if I can extend my Sidewinder chain with some regular O ring chain?

Thanks alot for any tips or advice you guys have.

St.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Ordered My JTM Extension from Craycraft. Couple Questions Inside...

You need a 520X106 chain. I will let you know about the JTM tomorrow or Tuesday, and I will get a good picture of it. You also need to remove your parking brake and put on a block off plate.

And to sum up Bob Craycraft and Craycraft Racing in two words......The Best.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
You need a 520X106 chain. I will let you know about the JTM tomorrow or Tuesday, and I will get a good picture of it. You also need to remove your parking brake and put on a block off plate.

And to sum up Bob Craycraft and Craycraft Racing in two words......The Best.
Nice guy to talk to, a well customer oreinted person. Works for his customers not himself.

If you want to look at some of my picks of my JTM, check out my personal page and see what you think. It took me an hour and 15 min to put the first JTM on and then after that 40 mins tops.

Good luck and you will be impressed. I can still ride wheelies and get a nice holeshot!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

how much was it shipped to your door?

Old 04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

$269.95 for the extension, $15 for ground shipping, so $284.95 to my door. Does anyone else have any tips for me? Thanks

Old 04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would get extra links of chain and a new master link from side winder. This way it will all be the god chain. I don't know if other chain would fit with the side winder or not. I have had problems mixing two different brands of chain before, they just wouldn't fit.