Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster question

If you are still growing, you might want to consider something bigger... You didn't mention age... A blaster, especially the new ones are an excellent choice. One person recommended sticking with the oit injection.. I'd recommend converting to premix so you know exactly how much oil you are getting in the mix. there are plenty of hop up parts available, and you can easily bump the displacement too. The newer blaster has disk brakes, the older ones had drums... get the disks... The bike handles sweet, although you could reverse the wheels to gain some width for improved cornering and stability, I am not sure you can still do that with the disk brake models....

For the money, you can't beat it. You will be a bit cramped.. but my older son had one and he was 6'4" and didn't have problems.

Old 05-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster question

shav0, yes the 28 milli gave me quite a boost. not as much as the pipe but it's only worth it if you have a pipe already and you'll really notice a difference when you open up the stock ports. If you were to get the bigger carb with stock header and motor it wouldn't make hardly a diff. I brought a pro circuit and it really opened up the carb alot, then i got it ported and it really brought out the carb's potential. So the moral of the story is you'll notice about a 3 hp gain withe the carb over the whole rpm range but if you port it, the carb's full potention come out. I suggest using the 200$ for that new carb and getting the cylinder ported and polished, then carb. but that's my 2cents.
to make a long story short, yes you'll notice a boost but bigger carbs are meant for modded motors so more modds you have more the carb works better.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster question

Yea I am looking to get it ported to go along with the carb. However there arn't any people around here who do port work and I don't think I can do it myself. I don't think I will drop the carb into it until I find someone to do the port work.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster question

send your cylinder off to holywood dirt. www.holywooddirt.com
they'll do a stellar job at a working man's price. they do excellent work, you wont be unhappy and there porting is the bomb

Old 05-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster question

I would except I live in Canada...so I would be paying out the a$$ by the time i shipped it there, and then shipped it back....

Old 05-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster question

if possible hollywood is the way to go, right now his national series riders are dominating. However if the border issues are too much yfs101 over at blaster hq has an excellent track record with some great performance gains. He (yfs101) only takes on the work he can reasonably handle at the time, so you might have to ask him to be put on a waiting list, (he gets pretty busy)