Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What about your girlfriends/wives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default What about your girlfriends/wives?

Plan C, when he wants to go "riding" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], tell him to take it up with the boys! j/k I can see where he may be worried about the elbow. I worry about the wife's wrist, but still got to let her have fun.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome missmasterblaster, we need a few more girls around here. The connection's kind of a total sausage fest... slap the guy in the face what is he stupid . I'll take my girl anywhere she wants to, and it's a rarity that she actually wants to go. If she does end up going I make sure she knows I appreciate it. Trust me, every guy...single guy on the forums would love to have a girl that rides[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Last week my kids were out of school for spring break. So, we decided to go to Hollister for the first time. When I told the wife, she got pi$$ed, that we were going to ride without even thinking about checking with her. (She's working and going to school full time) that argument was not good enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Well, she made room in her busy schedule to go riding as a family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We had a great time.
As far as going on guy rides, I do. But, the wife and fellow ladies we camp with go on ladies rides all the time when we are together riding at Pismo. Wife has her own quad a Polaris 400L Sport.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

My husband and I bought a Warrior so we could take our son trail riding. There is a group of us, mostly men and kids that always go together. Some are on dirtbikes and others on ATVs. It's now turned into a joke because we both love going so much, we end up having to flip a coin to see who gets to go. When I have gone, it's been me and a bunch of males, but they don't mind at all.

I had a little spill (we won't go into that) about 6 months ago, but I've finally gotten the go ahead to ride again. We have decided to buy another quad so we can both go together. Haven't decided what to get just yet. I keep waiting for them to make a cool looking, fast, sporty 4 wheel drive automatic. I know....don't hold my breath.

The guys giving advice here are right. Do what makes you happy and if it's riding then do it whether he likes it or not.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

My wife ride with me as much as she can. Some of my friends don't like her going cause shes faster than they are

Old 04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

My wife loves to ride with me, and I love to have her along! However, she would rather sit right behind me then ride another ATV next too me. We have the same problem with snowmobiles. She wants to ride double and our other one just sits all year...

Old 04-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

Well YOU ALL WONT BELIEVE THIS. I called him today and the first thing he said was.. get your quad fixed yet today? And i said no and told him i needed the part on friday... which he said hed go pick up. Plus, he said hed take me riding as long as it was nice this weekend and didnt have to work on his brothers truck. THEN to make it even more interesting... he offered to tear the rest of the CR80 apart and go get it machined and put together for next week. To top it all off, hes working on ideas to make me a +4 swingarm tonite. I dont know what happened... maybe his conscience. But wow... my wishes sure did come true. Lets just see how long this lasts now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

My wife loves to ride, she was begging to get an atv after she got on mine. She had to have a raptor too... check out the pics, after they get approved. She hasnt even been riding a year yet and she keeps up with us guys just about anywhere we go on the trails. The only thing that she hasnt gotten into yet is jumps on MX courses, but she loves doing donuts!!!!

Old 04-22-2004, 12:43 AM
Royalty Rider

Luckily for me I dont have that problem, my man and I are both into riding, and were into it before we even met each other. All I can say is you have to sit down and talk to him. Tell him how you feel. If you dont have good communication, you dont have anything...Well unless something else is good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but that only lasts for so long.

Good luck,
Queen

Old 04-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

You go girl!! If you ever need anyone to ride with,call me