Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What about your girlfriends/wives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about your girlfriends/wives?

maybe he's reading this thead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

My husband and I ride together all the time. It is hard at first because they do worry alot about you getting hurt. You must prove yourself as a decent rider. They want to go and ride hard and they really don't want to have to babysit you. This sounds harsh but really it isn't. You need to get seat time and learn your bike well. You need to ride without fear. Fear gets you hurt. You must also become one of the guys. There are no portapotties and you are in testosterone land. You may have to start by riding by yourself and testing your own limits. Ride with the girls and try new moves each time you go. When you can ride on his tail with a smaller cc bike then you will have gained his respect and there will be no question that you will be going all the time. (The italian stallions wife)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Man this thread REALLY took off! My wife loves to ride and has her own quad. My 4-year old daughter has a battery operated one and is ready for a gas 50cc. My 1-year old son is now tearing it up on my daughter's quad...no joke! I use to race motocross (2-wheelers) and that was all about me. Now I have a family and a toys for all. Isn't just more enjoyable to have fun with your family?

Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys!

Italian Stallion - thanks for the advice. I go out by myself all the time. Put my bike in my truck and take it to a friends house or my house. Theres ALOT of land to ride at my boyfriends house... so usually I stay there... with lots of things to do.

We'll see how it goes this weekend. Sometimes I think its just him and not so much his friends..b ecause they dont mind me going. But I think he things they dont like it. Does that make sense? They like to get me to do new stuff and see what Im capable of. They havea good time when I do crazy things that they dont think I would do. The only time I cant keep up is when they are wide open on a trail, my blaster is a lot smaller than the Z400, lt500 and lt250, YZ125, banshee, Raptors... that they all ride. Its alot rougher when I have to go over rocks than when they do.. I have such a small wheel base and less ground clearance. And of course bikes can go around anything. Im anxious to call to see if my part is in today at 11 so I can pick it up and get things running.

Also.. i wish i could find other girls in my area that ride... but there seems to be none? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Seriously, I never see ONE. And i never hear of any either. Wonder what the deal is. Western PA seems to be male dominated. Thats alright tho. more of a challenge

Old 04-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

chicks and bikes...ahhh life is good.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry ya'll I have to brag on my beautiful girlfriend! She loves to go ridin' and get a lil muddy! On top of that she's just looks great settin' on that Warrior of mine! She's christian also which makes all the diffrence to me and she even buys me dip! I rekon she's just a rednecks dream and I love her to death! Both of us are country so some of this might now appeal to ya'll but here's my imput!

Old 04-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

We bought one quad and a few weeks the other, my wife really enjoys going and we planned our last aniversary around a camping/quad day and it turned out pretty good.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

This ain't the 50's anymore. Women can do anything men can. Modern women can belch and fart with the best of us. Don't let him convince you that you're "just a girl". Anyway, I would love for my wife to ride with me more. Unfortunately, she doesn't have her own quad and two people on one really limits the level of terrain you can tackle.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey MissMasterBlaster.......make sure we get an update on Monday morning with all the gooey details. The hubby and I are riding this weekend and I can't wait! The first time I have been able to ride since last fall. Good luck to you - Ride on girl!

Old 04-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

When can he have some space? He probably works like a dog and this is the ONLY thing he does with his buddies...his getaway from everything. I am picturing a poor soul beside the trail listening too his wife complaining about something he is doing wrong or something he should be working on at home. All he hears is a muffled Charlie Brown talking on the phone voice......waa waa waa waa.....waa waa waa.
Gary