Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee...Is is worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2000, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I'm really into buying a Banshee, I hear they have alot of room I'm 6'2" and I kinda need some room. My friend (has a 95 Kawasaki Lakota) says Yamaha isn't all that good of a ATV brand, but I don't know, one of my other friends have a banshee and he loves it.So, if I get a banshee will it probably smoke my Friends Lakota?

Old 07-24-2000, 02:38 PM
Range Rover

You Bet. Your friend who has the Lakota is an idiot for buying a Lakota in the first place ad when you buy your Banshee you going to laugh at how far behind your friend is. If he thinks that Kawi's good and Yamaha isn't then hes really dumb. Later

Old 07-24-2000, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

I agree Yamaha is a great brand. Reliable and they make great atv's. I am not sure were he gets his info? The Banshee will kill his machine, it won't even be a contest.

Old 07-24-2000, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Gee, there are sure a lot of "Thinking about buying a Banshee" posts lately. My advice, go to the place where people meet to ride (dunes are best) and watch the Banshee smoke every other quad in production time after time. The only exception to this is the occassional fast DS650 that beats a slow Banshee. Also notice how people beat the crap out of the Banshees and they keep on going.

Old 07-24-2000, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Buy the banshee.. I'm 6'7" and 280 pounds and I don't have a problem fitting on it. I just had to change the bars from motorcycle to the stock atv bars to clear my knees when I bought mine, the previous owner was short and changed the bars for him.

And the bashee will kick a lakota's rear end all over the place...

Old 07-25-2000, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Motordude, what do you have against Lakotas? That's an awefully bold statement to make without having any proof or reasons to back it up.

Old 07-25-2000, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

The reason your friend with the lakota is saying that yamaha's aren't good and what ever is cause he don't want you to get a banshee cause he don't wana get beat by you in a race. He's scared that if you get it, he won't be as cool as he thinks. Welp, just my opinion. Later dudes, Kenny

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2000, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

Get the SHEE...I waited many years and many ATV's because I was told the crap about being unreliable and I believed it...Now that I finally bought a Y2K SHEE I wish I had done it a long time ago and my 400EX just sits collecting dust ; )

Old 07-26-2000, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

ive got a question if i buy a banshee will it do very well on the trails will it over heat i will be going pretty fast through the woods but not real fast maby 20mph but it is mostly up hill,but not a dirt hill it is an old highway that is mostly broken up and parts washed out. my friends blaster gets up it fine but will the banshee over heat on the way up i am not going to riding up it in first gear or real slow but will it over heat in medium 2nd gear and some low 3rd but not much. the trail is only about a mile long up to the top and then it will be flat where i can get it up to speed. if it does over heat how long does it take it to get cool again. when they over heat does it just die or sputter or will it cool back down if i get it back up to speed, how do you tell if it is over heating becides the coolent over flowing from the raditor if it does start to over heat can i just pour cold water in the raditor or let it idle for a couple of min does it hurt them when they over heat. i dont know much about banshees never riden one before.

thanks

Old 07-26-2000, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Hey blasterguy, you worry too much! None of your concerns apply! Go ahead and get the banshee, you'll be glad you did. (and upset you didn't do it sooner!)

Quick Reply: Banshee...Is is worth buying?