Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor weight issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor weight issue

how much heavier is the subframe. I was thinking about changing mine since i still have my 01 in the garage with no motor.
Rudy

Old 04-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: KingoftheRaptor
Loose some weight is the cheapest way to go! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
King needs to lose some weight so he can keep up with ole Hap, but then of course he would just be blown over by the wind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Eceriderjbomb
Who cares durablue is junk anyways.. This is how i see it... If you want to have the same weight as the yfz... The rider and the machine loose it half and half... 25 from each would get you alot.. Get the v light bumper, a new swing arm and antidurablue axle....1 bad raptor is right the axles are like a feather. remeber aluminum is a good thing...
The x33 is around 13 pounds vs 20+ for the stocker I believe. The x33 is the lightest axle availible and is the strongest save for the rpm dominator.

Old 04-24-2004, 03:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: HappaRap
Loose some weight is the cheapest way to go! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
King needs to lose some weight so he can keep up with ole Hap, but then of course he would just be blown over by the wind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
funny

if i tried to drop some weight on the raptor,,,,i might be able to find about 10-20 extra lbs

If I tried to drop some weight on me,,,,i might be able to find about 50

Ask not of your rappy what you will not ask of yourself!!

Old 04-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey RADFAST,

Don't take any crap from this guy. I've met him once, saw him try to ride.
He is about 5'6" and weighs at least 220 (that's probably being nice on my part). He could stand to lose a little weight himself.
He's about as round as he is tall.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Who loves ya baby

Old 04-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

anyone know the actual weight of an 03? I thought the 01 weighed almost 400 and it had the aluminum subframe on it. Also are the upper a arms still aluminum on the 03 and newer?
Rudy

Old 04-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My 02 and 04 upper a - arms are aluminum. I didnt know the x33 was light. as for only being 13 lbs that would be great!! Do they have this posted on their website? I just dont care for Durablue anymore, not since I had a bad run in with them and there support. Anyone else hear of a light axle other than the Titanium one which is like 1000.00 out of your pocket??

Old 04-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
My 02 and 04 upper a - arms are aluminum. I didnt know the x33 was light. as for only being 13 lbs that would be great!! Do they have this posted on their website? I just dont care for Durablue anymore, not since I had a bad run in with them and there support. Anyone else hear of a light axle other than the Titanium one which is like 1000.00 out of your pocket??
If Ridley was still here he could back me up on this issue. Do a search for his post on raptor axles and you will find all the info you need.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

One of lightest axels i can think of and im not sure if anyone makes them but a carbojn fiber axel... Man woud it be light and strong

Old 04-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

The 01's were 50 lbs more. LAter than that they weigh even more with the stell swinger and stuff.

Quick Reply: raptor weight issue