Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor weight issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor weight issue

I know that the sub-frame weighs 6 more lbs going from 01 to 02. A while ago there was a guy on here that had a list of ways that he said cut the raptors weight by like 50 lbs. some of the easiest ways to lose weight is by removing the lights, get some carbon fiber wheels, and like they said a new axle. To be honest its really going to be hard to get the weight down cause a lot of the weight is in the motor ( I read a mag where they said that the motor weights 103lbs). So maybe try a search to find it, hope this helps.

Old 04-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i know the motor weighs around 100 pounds without carbs. I shipped one a few weeks ago and it was 135 but in a wooden box.

Old 04-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Eceriderjbomb
Who cares durablue is junk anyways.. This is how i see it... If you want to have the same weight as the yfz... The rider and the machine loose it half and half... 25 from each would get you alot.. Get the v light bumper, a new swing arm and antidurablue axle....1 bad raptor is right the axles are like a feather. remeber aluminum is a good thing...
good job buddy they do suck all of them suck!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean the axle is alright not that many probs but there warrenty sucks!!!!!!!!!! do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue

-Cruz-

Old 04-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
Originally posted by: Eceriderjbomb
Who cares durablue is junk anyways.. This is how i see it... If you want to have the same weight as the yfz... The rider and the machine loose it half and half... 25 from each would get you alot.. Get the v light bumper, a new swing arm and antidurablue axle....1 bad raptor is right the axles are like a feather. remeber aluminum is a good thing...
good job buddy they do suck all of them suck!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean the axle is alright not that many probs but there warrenty sucks!!!!!!!!!! do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue do not buy durablue

-Cruz-
Me and my family and friends have raced with them since the early 80's and never had a problem with any of the units. Have you ever owned one? What exactly do you think is better?

Old 04-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldent want to own one after hearing the horror storys that are on the forums. Think about it brother you know there is better axles.. There are people hear that said that when there axle bent they tryed to return it and some dumb reason durajunk made up to not give it to them. Its good that you have had good luck with them but if i had the choice i wouldent get one and im telling people wqhat i have heard..

Old 04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

just pullled both subframes off 01 and 03 going to weigh them in a lil while just to see if it is 6 lbs, feels like it. The only difference is the bracket for the shock res. and the black box that is in the back on the 01 and side on the 03.
rudy

Old 04-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

just done the swap and i weighed both before. I would say there is about 41/2 to 5 pound difference between the two.
Rudy

Old 04-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So which one ways more?

Old 04-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

the 03 , it is round steel, the 01 is square tube aluminum

rudy

Old 04-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow, I thought aluminum would be lighter on the subframe but guess not.. I will keep my 02 one then.

Thanks for the update!!

Quick Reply: raptor weight issue