Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

fastst top speed for wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastst top speed for wolverine

No he is not sure beacuase you cant. Unless you get wheel spacer you can not run under 11inch rims Thjey will hit your brake calipser.. Plus why would you by those expencive rims to go do mud.. Its like buying a nascar to do sand dunes...Timber wolf stock rims are 11 inch if i am correct and the same bolt pattern..... Good luck and try to stay small in sizes... You will go faster and be lighter.. Mudlights would be the best but im not sure igf you can go a inch bigger and stuff.

Jbomb

Old 04-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

it should go around 55-65

Old 04-26-2004, 03:13 AM
Range Rover

Timberwolves run 10" rims, not 11", so you weren't correct. Who cares bout mud if you clean your ride after? They still look great, and quote this, are lighter significantly to the steel stockers. So it ain't all bout looks, but performance as well with not much more of the cost so why go to steel when you have to switch rims anyhow? There aren't many tires to choose from that run 23" tires and 12" rims, it's the most rare tire size you'll find on a quad. For the difference, I'd run an aluminum 12" C-series which you can get with a 25" tire and get intake/exhaust mods and rejet it to compensate for the power loss. The 23's balloon so bad at top speed on the rappy anyhow that 25's won't hurt your top speed much at all if not help it. Mud lites are alot more of a all around tire for mud and trails than the chinsy stockers. If having c-series rims on are that bad to mud machines, don't check out ITP's site or what half the 4x4's are running for bigfoot style tire kits, cause I guess Glamis is getting a crap load of Daytona 500 cars on their way! Get with the times, those rims are on all dun up monster 4x4's not just for looks, but lighweight performance to compensate for the bigger heavier tires!!!

Old 04-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

My Wolvy close to stock top speed was 56-58 mph. As far as the 10 inch wheels I don't think they will clear the disc brake set up. Most of the 10 inch wheels on Yammys were on drum brakes. I run a Maxxis All-Trak tire that is called a 25" but measure out to be just a fuzz under 24". I used to run 25" Dunlops and when I went to the Maxxis I could tell I gained some bottom end power. The pipe and air box mods helped so I don't feel like I lost any top end speed.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hey how much do them c series go for? Since hes he is going to be mudding your right they would be so perfect... getg real dude. and either way 10 inch dont fit i have personally tryed it so dont tell me otherwise. QUOTE THAT

Old 04-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

Your 5 Second memory span must be up, read my last post, I told him to run 12" C-Series wheels with 25" tires and compensate for the larger diameter by gaining power and throttle response with some mods. Grow up, I never said once that 10" rims would fit, just that if you wanted the ITP Mudlites in 23" you'd need a 10" rim. Find a quote in this thread of me saying that a 10" rim would fit a Wolverine? When your done trying to argue and make others look bad but making youself look worse in the process your gonna get passed by these shiny c-series sported quads cause your stuck in the times with your steel clunker rims wasting HP trying to turn them when you could have Aluminum rims for half the weight! He can be turning 25" tires with lightweight aluminum rims with a few bolt on mods easier than you turn your 23" tires with your steel rims! He won't have a problem keeping them shinny even when he runs in mud cause one quick splash in a creek will get the mud off since they are now clear coated. And they don't cost anymore than a factory steel rim, get a quote from your dealer how much your stock wheel would cost as a replacement and a quote for one of ITP's C-series rims in the same size!

Old 04-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SpArX
The sport aspect going to the 10" c-Series rims to make the mud lites work would take some of the low profile performance away if you like to slide alot and ride really sporty
there you go... I wasent even trying to agrue stop acting like a little kid look at my post all i said was that you where wrong about fitting 10's on there.. You took it all offensive

Old 04-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Eceriderjbomb
Originally posted by: SpArX
The sport aspect going to the 10" c-Series rims to make the mud lites work would take some of the low profile performance away if you like to slide alot and ride really sporty
there you go... I wasent even trying to agrue stop acting like a little kid look at my post all i said was that you where wrong about fitting 10's on there.. You took it all offensive
I never said anypoint that they would definitely fit, I said changing the profiles of the tires would affect the handling trademarks the quad was designed for in order to run ITP's mudlites which are only available in 10" rims for a 23" tall tire. There are always offsets that would compensate anyhow. Have you tried them all anyways? Do you know for sure that not one 10" rim made out there won't fit the Wolv, not even the most extreme dish out? Maybe you should check into what you say before you try to slam others and say that I don't know what I'm talking about cause it positively won't fit like you said in the message earlier.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry sparxx.. Iv been having bad days on these forums

Old 05-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04WOLVERINE
hey people i have an 04 wolverine and just put the hmf pipe (powder coated blue) jet kit
k&n air filter and billet prodesign base plate on it just wanting to know what im looking
at being able to with the wlverine thanks
round 62-65mph