Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor (just my opinion)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2000, 08:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tprender,
I noticed you're from St. Louis. Where was this test done at? I ordered my Raptor from Chesterfield Powersports. It should be in mid to late August.

Old 07-27-2000, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Will you send a few pics to my email address, I'd like to see a closer view of the Black and white one like I have on order.

Old 07-27-2000, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

Excuse ME?, Helloooo? Whaaat?
If it is true, what he said about the Raptor, why on earth are they doing it now?
Dont you think that long term wear and reliabilty testing should have been done months ago? I mean they say we are going to be on these things in a month or so, do you think they, (Yamaha) are feeding us a line of S**T about when these things are shipping?
All I know is that when I call around pretending to be looking for a raptor, I get 2 differrent responses. Sometimes I get a sales pitch about how they are all gone from the first allotment and that they will be in by the 2nd week of Aug, or I get someone who sounds more real saying that they are sold out and that the 1st allotment will be in by the end of Oct and the 2nd allotment wont be in untill March!

I just hope they come soon, I wont be able to put up with these Mag reviews much longer!
See YA ,, Drew

Old 07-27-2000, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer

I'm hoping to get one when they come out also.
And from what i have read in ATV SPORT they are awesome. Plus i don't think to many people are in line for one at my dearler. (At least I hope not)
which is sedalia MO. I have heard that first gear is to tall but since they are not in stock yet, that yamaha could fix it before they start making
them. Again thats according to ATV SPORT.
well i can't wait until they come out so i can go see one. see ya later.

Old 07-27-2000, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would sent you a picture but I can't find you e-mail on the heading.
racer x, go to chesterfield and on of thye people that work there when with us last wed when we first looked at the Raptor. He said that he has one and someone in Texas has one for the test.

Old 07-28-2000, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Trust me, when/if I swtich from a Polaris, I will DEFINATLY notice the weight difference....

Old 07-28-2000, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

I don't think it will do 80mph. Read the Atv sport mag. and they said that yamaha told them that the top speed was "75mph". They said they could only get it up to about 65 mph. Also, they said they needed more room to drag the quad, but from what i here they make it sound like the banshee is still faster than it. Later ,kenny

Old 07-28-2000, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have some extra webspace, if you want to send them to me, I will post them for you and post the link here....

Old 07-28-2000, 01:30 AM
Range Rover

Hey Tprender , Please send any pics to my email also, it is jmwj@alltel.net I have a Black & White on order, and I cant wait !! Looks like its gonna rock.

Hey 99RCRTrailblazer - Dude, Im tellin ya now, its gonna have a top speed of 80 , no matter what you heard. It humiliated the DS in drags of 100 and 200 yards. The DS hits 75+, and that IS proven. The Banshee (God love em), is freakishly fun and fast - I ride my Bro's. Its proven to hit 72 stock, so it cant be faster. If a review made it seem that way, they were most likely talking about a "certain" test we all heard about, where the Banshee occasionally took the Raptor outta the gate, due to the Raptor's tires climbing for the clouds. I fully believe that, its only common sense that this Big Bore 660 4-stroke would do that off the start. Banshees tend to spin more with the hard powerband hit, and are easier to gate. (even though they are still hard to gate...lol) A short spin out will reign over a outta control wheelie when starting from stop, cause the Wheelie'n quad will have to let off the throttle to bring it down, and the other grabs and rockets. Even still, the few reviews that are out, say the Raptor will reign once it gets going, even after a bad start, because its much faster, given more than 50yrds. Just wait for the super-shootout coming soon. That should tell all, even though shootouts tend to be biased too.

I dont care if the thing only did 65, its an awesome new quad, with the designing to do some major riding. Jumps, Handling , Lightweight, its got it all, and looks just awesome..

Old 07-28-2000, 04:00 AM
Range Rover

The reason i said it would do 75 is cause the YAMAHA Reps said the top speed was 75mph. Please get the ATV sport magazine and you will know what im talking about. How could it do 80 if them two chinese men and that one American man from Yamaha said that, I mean come on they are the ones who designed it. Don't you think they would be the right ones. Did you even read that in that magazine yet. They were also talking about the DS 650 having better bottom end than it. They said every one thought it didn't fill as fast as the DS650 did starting off. They also mentioned that the DS650 didn't have that good of bottom end or what ever. You will have to read it first. I really wanted one until i read that. THey sounded like it really wasn't that awesome to me, but i don't know. Well pick you up a copy of that magazine. Later dudes,Kenny

Quick Reply: Raptor (just my opinion)