Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 50 First race (couldn't finish)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 50 First race (couldn't finish)

raptorowner,

You are way off on your characterization of the LT80. My kids can and HAVE gone to 85% of the places in the dunes that the group does. The LT80 will blow the plastic off of a breeze, Ive ridden both and can attest to that.
You do not know what you are talking about comparing the LT80 to a yammy 50. I'll make sure my kids throw some roost your way when they see you at the dunes. Later!

Old 04-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Turtler
You do not know what you are talking about comparing the LT80 to a yammy 50. I'll make sure my kids throw some roost your way when they see you at the dunes. Later!
The breeze is a 125cc.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

My boy loves his Raptor 50 and he has had no problems with it in the mud or in the dunes. You say it only goes 15 but he has been up to 15 on it so far(by my speedo and my buddies) and I have not turned the screw all the way out. What is the weight on your kid? My little guy weighs 43 pounds. I have to be very watchful of him because he has been trying the real steep dunes and I am afraid he will not make it and flip over and so far he has made them but it does make my heart miss a beat.

I weigh 240 and it takes me around the dunes, albeit not the real big ones but it does take me around the sand. Overall I am very pleased with it. Just my thoughts.

He has gotten it hung up on the skid bar on the rear a couple of times when he gets into the deep stuff and then the tires just spin and he likes to watch the mud fly. AlaskaBoy.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

I am sure someone has checked this, but I will post it anyway. My little bro's first quad was an old suzuki 50. When we first picked it up it wouldn't pull out of its own tracks. We pulled the exhause off and found they had restictor plates that smothered the quad. Took them out of the head and bolted the exhaust back on and it was a totally different quad, Hell it would pull me or dad around after that! Don't know if that is something they still do or not but it may be worth a look.

Later,
Mike

Old 04-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Choky
Originally posted by: Turtler
The breeze is a 125cc.
To this day I have not seen an lt80 blow past a breeze 125 at all. I bet I could ride my sons breeze and race your sons lt80 just for fun and see what happens.....

I dont want to start a fight here on whats faster but just the idea of growing out of it way to fast is what I am saying. Plus its safer for thier feet and legs.

Old 04-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not looking to fight either, but our LT80 will run an easy 45mph with a few mods and a 60lb kid on it. And it will still pull the front tires up with a slight tug from a standing start. It is on the smaller side, and fits a smaller kid better. But I would still pick it over a Breeze for a few reasons. 1) Parts are everwhere. 2) resale is alot better (at least around my parts) 3) and it is smaller. My 10 year old just traded up to a 300 EX. It was very easy for him to make the switch. He fits it very well, and the speed of the LT got him more ready for the EX. By the time your kid outgrows the LT, they should be ready for a "real" quad. Meaning something they can ride until they are ready to move out of the house. (I sure hope!!!)
From what I've heard, the Raptor 50 is a dog. 15mph is it unless your going downhill. The Raptor 80's a great quads. They are not as lively as some others, but if you want something that will go forever at just a push of the starter button, than they are great. No little quad has good suspension !! Some are better than others but all SUCK!!! I'll be selling a Badger very soon and keeping the LT for my youngest son because he has out grown the performance of the Badger.
Good luck!!!

Old 04-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: asfasasu3
I'm not looking to fight either, but our LT80 will run an easy 45mph with a few mods and a 60lb kid on it. And it will still pull the front tires up with a slight tug from a standing start. It is on the smaller side, and fits a smaller kid better. But I would still pick it over a Breeze for a few reasons. 1) Parts are everwhere. 2) resale is alot better (at least around my parts) 3) and it is smaller. My 10 year old just traded up to a 300 EX. It was very easy for him to make the switch. He fits it very well, and the speed of the LT got him more ready for the EX. By the time your kid outgrows the LT, they should be ready for a "real" quad. Meaning something they can ride until they are ready to move out of the house. (I sure hope!!!)
From what I've heard, the Raptor 50 is a dog. 15mph is it unless your going downhill. The Raptor 80's a great quads. They are not as lively as some others, but if you want something that will go forever at just a push of the starter button, than they are great. No little quad has good suspension !! Some are better than others but all SUCK!!! I'll be selling a Badger very soon and keeping the LT for my youngest son because he has out grown the performance of the Badger.
Good luck!!!
Oh, I agree on the move up on the quad but like I said they(Both my daugher and son)out grew the little one quick. Yes I know about the suspension thats why I changed the rear on the breeze, it doesnt bounce your kid around like his head is going to wobble off his shoulders any mroe. Plus its alot smoother ride when keeping up with the bigger ones.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

my brothers have two lt80's. You would be suprised how fast these things are. In fact we just sold our scrambler 50 for another one. I weigh about 175 lbs and when i ride it i can probably jump a good 5 feet on the jumps i made for my brothers. They also have no problems keeping up with us at the dunes.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

45 mph on a lt 80 noo wayyy video? i dont doubt it but id likr to see it

Old 04-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

i had a badger and hated it then i got a lem 50 and a trail boss and a trx 90 and a lt80 and then a lt230 and then a 300ex which was stolen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and then my raptor i think and let me tell you the lem was faster then the badger but when we got the increased hp kit(80% increase i think) i was breaking the plastic hubs every 20 minutes from too much power and my dad welded custom ones so i would suggest that if he is too little for a trx or lt

Quick Reply: Raptor 50 First race (couldn't finish)