Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

To much trailer or not enough trailer??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 03:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To much trailer or not enough trailer??

I finally got around to going to get a trailer on Sunday. I had it narrowed down between 2 used ones. I went to Fun Time RV. I had planned on buying a used one. Just for grins the mrs and i went and looked at the new ones. The price was not that much different. So now i think a new one will be it shortly. The salesman we dealt with was very helpful. He would rig up my truck and hook any trailer i wish for a test pull. I did not have the time sunday to do it. I will shortly.

The question- Those that own a trailer. Do you like what you got? Do you wish you had bought a lighter trailer than the one you got? Wish you would have bought bigger? Would you do it all over again?

Old 04-27-2004, 03:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started with an 18' open air landscaping trailer. This could haul 4 full sized atv's pointing left/right without any problems. When it was time to go enclosed, a friend of mine who owns a dealership had a beautiful new 04 race trailer on the lot. It was 24'. I now have that and love it.

BUT...24' is pretty long. Actually, its really long. I think 22 or even 20 would have been prime.

BTW, getting a front/side door and lights are a must. That and a rear ramp door.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a 14' landscaping trailer.... wanted a 16' but had to go with what would fit in the garage...... i can get all 3 quads of mine on it with no problems when i get the 4th one this summer i will have to start leaving one at home or putting it in the truck bed.. sigh us boys and our toys LOL

Old 04-27-2004, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

I got a 7x16 that's been known to hold quite a few quads. I've also got a few smaller ones like a 5x9 for singles when I pull w/ the Jeep.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

Mark,

I have a 16ft box trailer it is a little large trying to get it where your going [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But having the extra room once your at the track is AWSOME. It gives you room to get out of the sun/ rain and a place to wrench on your quad in private if need be.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I went to look at trailers the week of Snake Hunt and ended up buying a brand new 28ft 5th wheel ! LOL. I even had to buy an old 1 ton to pull it with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] NOW i have to buy a TRAILER to pull behind it so I can take my quads along with me. SO if anyone knows where I can buy a 14' single axle trailer for cheap let me know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW. IT was REAL nice having a livingroom ,shower,and queen size bed to sleep in at LS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BIgger.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've got 3 trailers 1) 4x11 ,1) 7x12,and 1)8x16 and 5 wheelers so i cover all bases depends on who can go riding .

Old 04-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It boils down to this,

1. a 21 foot Layton or (4000 pounds)
2. a 25 foot mallard by flletwood (4300 pounds)

The price is the same and they are bumper pulls. ( need the bed for the quad) I got the money now i just have to pick. The truck does not have that much to do with it. I plan on having the trailer for a longer time than the truck.

Old 04-28-2004, 03:24 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

you are talking about camping trailer right??? not quad trailer

Old 04-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
you are talking about camping trailer right??? not quad trailer

LOL I didn't notice that until I read back through the post. I thought he was talking about toy haulers as well. OOPS

In that case Mark why not check into something like the "pack rat" (I think thats what it was called) where you can have your quads in the trailer drop down the back unload them and then have the whole trailer for camping. They done a review on one in DW one month not sure which it was.

Quick Reply: To much trailer or not enough trailer??