Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I want the yfz 450

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want the yfz 450

Its a 4 stroke, if you are big enough to hang onto it, then go for it. Take it easy until you get to know the bike, and proceed accordingly. If you said you wanted a banshee or another strong 2 stroke for your first quad, i'd have to say no because they're different, but a 4 stroke...hell go for it. You can putz around on them and take your time, you'll have rather friendly maintanence and it'll be a good experience if you respect the bike and take care of it.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Range Rover

I think the yfz power band hits everybit as hard as a two stroke with a lot more torque. If that is what you are going to base your desision on.

Old 09-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deathmetal
Its a 4 stroke, if you are big enough to hang onto it, then go for it. Take it easy until you get to know the bike, and proceed accordingly. If you said you wanted a banshee or another strong 2 stroke for your first quad, i'd have to say no because they're different, but a 4 stroke...hell go for it. You can putz around on them and take your time, you'll have rather friendly maintanence and it'll be a good experience if you respect the bike and take care of it.

yeeaah... Aparently you don't have much experience w/ the yfz if you're tossing it in the general 4-stroke populous.... it's about as close to a two stroke you can get w/ out the fouled plugs... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It's a fast paced quad. You don't normally put around on it. You punch the gas, and it's gone.... You use quarter thottle in acceleration the same as if you were using full throttle on the rappy.

It's just geared differently... It's geared for going fast, and getting there quick.

/me tosses out my 2 cents...

Old 09-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

The YFZ is a good punchy bike but its nowhere near arm ripping power to where you'll hurt yourself unless you're acting inappropriate. Its not a 2 stroke, it might be close, but its still a 4 stroke and you can ride it however you'd like. I certainly agree that it is a rather "strong" bike to be riding for a starter, but that allows them to grow into it and not needing to sell off or trade off bikes to get where they need to be. Always different aspects to looking into this of course, but like I said if you're responsible then it shouldnt be a problem. As far as fouling plugs, set up the bike right and that wont happen.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

I just got mine home from the dealer, took it for a spin, and am wondering how long this permagrin will last. It definately lives up to the hype.

Old 09-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BAD250R
I have seen too many people get hurt on their new quads because they do the stupid thing of buying the biggest, baddest, newest bike out there. I have been riding since I was five and as I grew older and my skills developed I got a bigger quad. The YFZ should never be someones "first quad" no matter how old they are. Just buy an old junker for cheap and develope your abilities. Then go buy your YFZ.

i Agree with the buy a beater before you jump in to a newwer one. you tend to trash your first quad , car, bike...

Old 09-13-2004, 02:31 AM
Range Rover

I dont agree with that whatsoever. The ratio of people who take care of their bikes far exceeds those who dont. My first atv was a bayou 220 and i took care of it like a rolls royce. Most people highly value their atv. If you start out with the intentions of beating it up and just going crazy, well you tend to keep that trait with you, just learn it right the first time, get the pattern down, and go from there.

Old 09-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Has anyone noticed how OLD this thread is......? Must not be much going on today.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]