Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default imagine this.. a short story by a fellow atv rider

i believe its every 4 years for the large hatch

Old 05-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

enlightened1, I was hoping someone else from ohio was going to chime in on this one. Those things were horrible.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:12 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

It is the 17 year variety (once every 17 years) that will be coming this year. Actually they may already be hatching as I thought I've heard that it begins in May. Here's a link for more info...

Old 05-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

too many bugs suck!!!

Old 05-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

I was riding Gorman this last weekend and doing some trails with my buds. Not only did I have to drive behind some of their dust at times but also had to drive thru the bugs they stirred up along the trail. Big Cicada types, Hornets and Bumble Bees all found their way onto my Helmut. Why is it that the helmut area seems to take most of the abuse?
Also, Having a "quick release" type connector on the helmut strap seems a good idea (I have one). How many times could a Bumble Bee sting ya before you could tear your helmut off? I dont want to know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NY02Raptor
ok . its a nice sunny sunday you and your buds all cruised out to your best rideing area.. its about 72 degree's and the atv's are ready.. you all hop on and burn down the trail to your pit... WACK you get slammed by a cicada in the chest.. WACK WACK a few more.. before you know it you gotta pull a tearoff cause the bug guts suck... supposedly this is the way its going to be in the east and im not sure where else.. a large BUG bloom is supposed to happen this year and there armor plated... just figured id share [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I just read an article somewhere about how people EAT these things. They fry em up with butter....I can't imagine.....

Old 05-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

I hope they dont come to pennsylvania in mass quanitities. I get hit by those real big black and yellow bees all the time. Last week I was riding , cruisin down a flat straight trail in 6th gear... and WHACK... one hit my goggles, flew down my shirt and stung me all down the back and neck. I swear i saw the evil look in its eyes.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: psychotic400ex
yeah mosquitos get pretty bad around Minnesota, but not cicada's, i don't even know what a cicada is. Bugs always make riding more interesting, might have to switch to a helmet with a shield eh?

It is the bug that is anoying as hell at night. reeeeer ..reeer.reeer. reeer noise. you usually find there shells dryed on the side of a tree. they have big buggy eyes and at 40+ mph they hurt! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Its been a few years back here in WV probably same time enlightned1 is talking about that they were out and thick. It ruined most fishing because the fish were full and you couldn't get them to bite on anything LOL. I even tried one of the "locusts".

I made it work one day and a guy came up talking to me and after staring at his forehead for about 10min and him talking I had to interupt and ask WTF happened to your head? He said he was comming into work on his harley and hit one at about 80 on the interstate! I had to laugh cause it looked like someone had hit him with a baseball. He said it about knocked him off his bike... OW!

The worse thing I have had to happen is a wasp flew into my helmet and got stuck between the corner of my eye and the helmet. Needles to say he was PISSED. I still have the scar from that little $%@&*!

LOL If they get as thick as they did around here that year I really feel for you guys!

Old 05-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

RAPTORMAN....we are expected too get them this summer! I think for 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: imagine this.. a short story by a fellow atv rider