Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Poll, Twist or Thumb Throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Poll, Twist or Thumb Throttle?

Yes or No.

Pro's & Cons?

I love mine. Gets me into a little trouble here & there.

Sean

Old 05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have one on the blaster, I know what you mean about trouble [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I like it alot better then thumb.

Old 05-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

twist = death on a high power machine.

Old 05-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trx250Rob
Why?

Old 05-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trx250Rob
No you mean on a banshee. just amagine taking a turn and accidently hitting the light switch powerband when you dont want it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

Know what you mean about getting you into trouble at times, especially when landing from jumps. I had a banshee with a twist throttle(first high power quad I had ever been on), and it almost killed me. I later had one with the thumb throttle, and it never almost killed me cause of the throttle, but my thumb would wear out after riding for a while.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

The twist is great to hold on to with a firm grip but also can be what sends you out of control if something goes wrong from maybe a landing that was too hard or loosing your footing from ruff terraine that can cause you to losing your balance and holding your wrist straight is sometimes not what's on your mind at that time and on a machine with a lightswitch power, not the best thing IMO unless you have alot of experince with them.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

twist = death on a high power machine

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because you don't like them, don't post something stupid. Many beginners read these forums and you are putting bad ideas in their heads. They might be like me and consider the twist throttle the best product made for a quad. (Before you mouth off, notice I ride a 686.) If you don't have something constructive to say, don't post.

~HoundDog

Old 05-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: HoundDog06
twist = death on a high power machine

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because you don't like them, don't post something stupid. Many beginners read these forums and you are putting bad ideas in their heads. They might be like me and consider the twist throttle the best product made for a quad. (Before you mouth off, notice I ride a 686.) If you don't have something constructive to say, don't post.

~HoundDog
----------------------------
I've rode with both on quads and bikes....I think it may simply be a case of 'what works for you'. Twists seem to be better suited for more open areas than I typically ride in (rough terrain, long steep gas line hills, tight trails) - in which case on my banshee, I rarely see 5 or 6 gear. If you tend to ride all day with with the throttle to the stops and have lots of wide open spaces...twist probably would work better for someone. I would rather have a 'beefy' thumb muscle and keep control when navigating steep or tight areas. I've even thought in some situations I probably would be faster with a thumb throttle on my XR! (sounds crazy but hey!)

Old 05-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

It's a toss up...I hated the twist grip on the banshee...and I grew up riding dirt bikes (and still do).
Mine was a motion pro twist...the install was easy but it was too touchy for me...very very easy to twist which caused troubles for me in the bumps and riding wheelies. All the twist grips on my dirt bikes have more tension to them.

Maybe the return springs were worn on the banshee...I don't know....My drz400 has an actual return throttle cable.

Quick Reply: Banshee Poll, Twist or Thumb Throttle?