Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First ride on New Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ride on New Raptor

Well right after I got my new Raptor I fell at work and broke my wrist. Yesterday was the first I had it out and on the trails. I can say that I loved it and ws very impressed with the way it handled and its power. There was a YFZ450 and a modified 400ex with me. Lined them up to race ended up smoking the 400ex and lost buy a quad length the first race to the YFZ. We raced several times after that and I beat him each time by about a quad length. I sat up on the quad farther to keep the front end down and seemed to get alot better traction as well. Any other experiences racing the YFZ.Would love to hear them.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the new quad, new quad day is always great!! You must have been racing a long distance with the yfz as I have heard they are very quick and hard to beat in the short run.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:44 AM
Range Rover

We were racing about 250yrds. He was gaining on me towards the end of the run. All I can say is that both of these quads were fast and handled great all day. We are headed to Little Sahara May 13--16.Cant wait to get it in the sand...Anyone else headed down that week?

Old 05-04-2004, 06:54 AM
Pro Rider

Where is Little Sahara?????

Old 05-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

So your saying that thing is smoking 400EXs and it can beat a YFZ in the long run? Is that correct? I'm not starting anything or arguing with you, my brother is thinking about buying one. Just wondering how it is. How is it as far as cornering? Looks a little narrow.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Congrads on the new Raptor. I remember how exciting it was the first time i got to rip around with mine.

Guess i can answer your question BrocksZ Cornering 100% stock does take more body english then a 400ex or YZF but if you replace the stock tires i think it sticks to the ground better and also set the front shocks to there tightest setting it won't roll into the turns as much. As far as narrow i really like this for trail riding because i can go through some pretty tight trails my friends get suck on because there wider.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Cool beans man....Raptors are totally awesome and they handle like a dream...You will enjoy it every time you take it out...I too love to beat 450's .But they definatly put up a fight.It's always real close.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Ok I'm a tard. I thought this thread was on a Raptor 350. It said New Raptor. I was thinking 350.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Range Rover

Little Sahara is just out side of Waynoka Oklahoma it is about a 6 hr drive from KC. The raptor does sit up alot higher then anything else I have been on. But I loved the way it rides out in the trails you definetly have to throw your body into the corners or else you will be two wheeling. What are the best tires to put on the raptor for trail riding and some racing. Did I mention this thing is a wheelie machine. Ride Blue.....

Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04RaptorLE
We were racing about 250yrds. He was gaining on me towards the end of the run. All I can say is that both of these quads were fast and handled great all day. We are headed to Little Sahara May 13--16.Cant wait to get it in the sand...Anyone else headed down that week?
an honest comparison!!!!

im used to hear ppl saying "i killed a yfz ova n ova" n "rapys r better" or "yfz eat rapys"
good post bro

Quick Reply: First ride on New Raptor