Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what are these green and red stickers????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 12:40 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what are these green and red stickers????

On the emissions issue, I don't know about other quads but I know on my Z the carb is set up different. By that I mean the "pilot screw" (air mixture) is capped with a brass cap that you have to drill out to adjust it. The other carb has a rubber plug that is easily removed for adjusting. The plan was for Cali and other strict emission states to get the brass cap version to make it a little more difficult to adjust and to appease the tree huggers by saying "look you can't adjust it!!" It's all a crock of shiz..........

edit: If you come ride out here you are supposed to get a non-resident riding sticker also. $20 for the calendar year and it's good for all seasons, no red or green to worry about. For you red sticker guys, you too can purchase these " for a friend" if you, errrr, your "friend" needs to ride out of season[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LTZ, thanks for the non-res info. Never knew how long they were good for, or what they cost. Now I do. Just hope nobody gets caught doing that...OUCH.

Lt. man, I only come across the changes by chance. Wish they'd put that up on the state OHV site. Make it easy to know what got changed that year.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Quad Patrol

We get legal updates every January, unfortunately there are hundreds of laws passed every year and we are given the ones that we will encounter on a regular bases. Fortunatley, we have 2 off road parks that we patrol so, we usually get the updates for atv's.

As far as someone using registration that does not belong to their ATV to get around the red/green sticker law, DON"T!!! It's not worth the problems that can arise by doing that. In reality, you can go to jail and your atv towed. Read sections 4462 and 4463 of the Ca. Vehicle Code. These codes cover all vehicles that are registered.

Old 05-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Trailblazer

good point "Vakero", the democrats will have Glamis, Dumont, and Pismo shut down within the the next 5 years if they have there way. It's just a shame that Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, ITP, Douglas, Skat-trak, etc..... and the rest of the companies that benefit from Sand sports don't pitch in with orgs.. like the ASA or others and help keep these places open. Ok that's my political 2 cents!!

Old 05-10-2004, 04:46 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
We get legal updates every January, unfortunately there are hundreds of laws passed every year and we are given the ones that we will encounter on a regular bases. Fortunatley, we have 2 off road parks that we patrol so, we usually get the updates for atv's.

As far as someone using registration that does not belong to their ATV to get around the red/green sticker law, DON"T!!! It's not worth the problems that can arise by doing that. In reality, you can go to jail and your atv towed. Read sections 4462 and 4463 of the Ca. Vehicle Code. These codes cover all vehicles that are registered.

Register out of state and buy a non-resident sticker. California gets enough of my money that gets put towards things that have nothing to do with what they are intended for. As a resident my fees should be less than a non-resident and I should be able to ride whenever I want, instead I pay more and I'm restricted!! Screw that...........JMHO

Old 05-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

LTZ, your red/green sticker is good for TWO years. Out of state permits are good for the calendar year. So you do pay less.

And if you are a CA resident, I believe by law, you must register your vehicles in CA. I believe the only way around that is if you are in the military and not originally from CA.

Hell, you use the facilities in CA, I think you should pay for them. People who register out-of-state and operate in CA really tweak me. They want the perks, but don't want to pay for those perks. I say if you don't like it, MOVE. We could use less people.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-10-2004, 06:51 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
LTZ, your red/green sticker is good for TWO years. Out of state permits are good for the calendar year. So you do pay less.

And if you are a CA resident, I believe by law, you must register your vehicles in CA. I believe the only way around that is if you are in the military and not originally from CA.

Hell, you use the facilities in CA, I think you should pay for them. People who register out-of-state and operate in CA really tweak me. They want the perks, but don't want to pay for those perks. I say if you don't like it, MOVE. We could use less people.
Thank you for pointing out how long they are good for, like I didn't know that. Good for two years, at certain times! See my point there genius. My point is, WHY should I be restricted when someone from out of state can ride whatever they want whenever they want for $20?

What perks? The ability to ride on land that I pay for through taxes and other fees already. You have a picture of Gorman on your page correct? Your quad is registered correct? What was the $5 for when you rode at Gorman? Thought that was covered in your registration as a "perk" as you put it? What about the $20 I pay to ride Dumont for Pres. Day? Lemme see, nope, not covered by registration fees! Do you have any idea what your registration fees are for? They damn sure don't cover any perks! So before you tell me I should move if I don't like it, think about your reason as to why I should first.

And for the record, I pay for my registration just like you and everybody else. Three quads, motorcycle, two trucks, SUV and a trailer. Yeah I think I can stay for paying my share for all these glorious perks...........Hell, I should have a life membership for as much as I pay!!

Old 05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vakero
Good for you guys, just keep on voting for Democrats and see how much longer before your best politicians in your great state confiscate your ATVs. California is doing itself harm.
Now, now...not all California's are liberals. In fact, I think you'll find most on this forum are conservative like myself. There are, of course, too many others that just don't seem to have a clue or are puppets of the media but they certainly do not speak for all of us.

Signed,
Proud Republican

Old 05-10-2004, 07:23 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
Originally posted by: Vakero
Good for you guys, just keep on voting for Democrats and see how much longer before your best politicians in your great state confiscate your ATVs. California is doing itself harm.
Now, now...not all California's are liberals. In fact, I think you'll find most on this forum are conservative like myself. There are, of course, too many others that just don't seem to have a clue or are puppets of the media but they certainly do not speak for all of us.

Signed,
Proud Republican
I'll second that.........

Old 05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I don't want to be misunderstood, I am an advocate of cleaner emissions and better gas mileage per gallon.
That being said,
There are some good democratic politicians in California, but the the prominent state is infested with Marxist zealots. Environmentalist extremism has found its way to all levels of the government. Indeed, even the two Senators the voters sent to DC are a prime example of what harm mindless
group mentality will bring. People beware of politicians that are beholden to radical ultraliberals. They will in time take your rights and, indeed, your property from you.

For those who doubt me about California taking your property just ask anyone that legally owned a SKS longarm if they were able to keep it.

Quick Reply: what are these green and red stickers????