Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NOS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS

I want to put a boondocker nos kit on my raptor but i live in fort scott kansas and dont know where I could refill the bottle. Would the kit put up with the beating of trails and mx.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NOS

By NOS, I assume you mean Nitrous. NOS is nitrous oxide made by Holley. It is not the name for all nitrous, only for Holley's nitrous kits.

As for trails and MX, depending on where it is mounted, I would say no that it wouldn't. Unless you have it super secured and not gonna be hit by anything, I wouldn't trust it.

Later,
Warrior68Man

Old 05-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS

ITS CALLED NITROUS!!!!!!!! not NOS, they are a company that make nitrous kits, i say go for it that would be cool and send us some pics if u do it and tell us how u like it, its ginna run yah about $6-700

Old 05-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default NOS

Actually it is called N2O or nitrous oxide...........freakers you new what he meant, give him a break

Old 05-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default NOS

d@mn noobs... N2O 2 Nitrogen 1 Oxygen

Old 05-06-2004, 02:20 AM
Range Rover
Default NOS

What the hell does it matter? It's Nitrous. Stop making such a big deal about whats it called.

And warrior68man how would you know anything about Nitrous? Your what 13? You dont know jack about Nitrous or what it can do. I been 7.50's 1/4 @ 175mph with 2 NOS Foggers and a 632ci Pontiac headed motor. So dont brag like you know what Nitrous is.

And to you wanaply21 if your paying $600-700 for Nitrous kits your getting it broke off in you. I can guarantte the entire kit for half that price. And Cold Fusion makes better quality than Holley's crap.

The problem with the kit in trails is getting wires wet. Getting Microswitch wet ect. If your not going threw water or anything than it will be fine. You can mount your bottle similar to the way mine is and you will be fine.

Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS

hollywood dosnt make nitrous dumb a$$ he ports motors, well at boondockers they sell em for that much, i dont care what he calls its just annoying that u cann call nitrous NOS when its only just a brand

Old 05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS

Wheelsup - that warrior looks good... I like the way you mounted that tank. Looks sweet.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Range Rover
Default NOS

Hey Thanks 04LERaptor.

I think it turned out pretty good. I wanted it to look pretty nice yet still stick out. Nitrous is not something every atv has so i wanted to make sure you will not miss it on mine.

wanaply21
why is it all you want to do is argue? In the racing world we call it N-O-S. Not NOS like they called it in Fast in the Furious. Hell we call it Dope, Laughing Gas, Gas, Juice, ect. There are tons of Nitrous companies. Nitrous Express, Nitrous Works, Pro Comp Nitrous, Cold Fusion Nitrous, Nitrous Oxide Systems "Bought out by Holley about 4 yrs ago". Im sure there is a few more big companies. Have you ever even had Nitrous on anything? Hell have you even seen a Nitrous system? Many people say NOS other than Nitrous. It annoyes you? Who cares. Than read somewhere else you crybaby.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NOS

Hey wheelsup, i used to think you were cool because I like your Warrior. But you just made an a$$ out of yourself. Where did I post bragging about knowing nitrous? I NEVER did. I was clarifing what nitrous is and how The Fast and the Furious messed up every young kids mind out there. No offence to snysny, I was just clarifying it so now he knows for future reference. And I was posting what I thought about for MX and Trails and I personally do not think it would take the beating of the two unless it is secured somewhere safely. I may be wrong, but I was posting what I thought. And, yes, I am 13. What's it to you? I didn't say anything about what it will do to the motor, because I don't think it will harm the motor, but if it get's hit really hard, there's a good chance of it leaking or worse. I never bragged and I do not see what I said in my post to make anyone offended or mad.

Later,
Warrior68Man