Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Razrs vs. Holeshots, whats your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Razrs vs. Holeshots, whats your opinion?

XCR's here. No flats yet.

Old 05-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have klaws on the front, they look pretty sweet but havnt got a chance to test them out yet.

Old 05-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

i dont care for teh klaw front I liek bandit better, and you told me just the other night that thats what you got and had them coming in and stuff???? what happened there? and Ya i Liek the klaws rear they look trick and i hear they work real well

Old 05-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Everyone here is saying "Razr" this and "Razr" that and "Razrs suck".

I hope you are talking about the original Razr; in that case I agree. I would not buy the original Razr.

Now on the other hand, the Razr 2 is by far the most dominant tire out there for XC and trail riding. The only other competition it may have is the iRazr and the Holeshot HD, which is yet to be proven.

For MX I would not go with anything other than Holeshot MXR in the rear and Holeshot MX in the front.

RR1

Old 05-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have Kenda Klaws on my Raptor, front and rear, and they are awesome!

Old 05-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

mojavekid13, Sue wasn't able to get the banddits in, so I switched them for a set of klaws. I like the looks of the fronts. From what I have heard the rears hook up well, but i don't really like the looks.

Old 05-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Range Rover

I ordered a set of Bandits in for an ol buds 300EX. I thought they hooked up pretty good on that thing, ran 20's instead of 22's in the rear, and 21's in the front instead of 23's. The bad thing was, it hooked up so good it always spun the tire on the rim, to the point the air would leak out in winter. They dug down way too quick in the snow, got stuck everywhere cause they would dig down, not push forward. They are really aggressive, really tough tire too, never wore down fast. They'd be a great tire for desert and hardpack XC riding. They didn't hookup in the soft stuff the best due to the lugs being so stiff, and the ride wasn't the best, but they are one tough baja tire, just be sure to run rear beadlocks on them! The rubber is real dense and stiff on them, they don't grip well to the rim.

Old 05-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

Anyone know about the R/A Shredders, how they hook up and last.

Old 05-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

i am thinking about getting a pair of holeshots but not sure wich ones. you guys say the holshots where fast but everyone here is running mx and xcr's. im not sure if i can remember correctly but arent those the two that are made of a softer compound and are recomended for races only? could be wrong though. that would explain the wear!

Old 05-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

From what I know about the Holeshots (excluding the new HD) they are all made of pretty soft rubber compared to the Razr and Razr2.

The RazrMX is also made of softer rubber. Turf Tamers are very cheap (half the $ or Razrs) are very soft, and work well in hard pack terrain.

RR1

Quick Reply: Razrs vs. Holeshots, whats your opinion?