Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004 | 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor vs. Banshee

From your list of mods you have like 5 times what he has into his Shee...

but it doesnt have the torque needed around here for mountain riding.
Lol...The Banshee has been "king" of Sand mountain for a damn while now...So explain to me where the lack of torque is happenin because im not sure im with you here.

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

dumbass.. i got my raptor for 4700 i have put about 2300 into mods and repairs. he got his for 6300 and dropeed 700 into it for the pipes and k/n and jets if my math is correct that puts us both at about 7000 and i said not enough torque for being kind of the mountains as in trees wooded areas they burn there clutch up yeah like i said before and i will say agian banshees r king of the sand but other then that..

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Ok dumbass the fact that you bought your Rappy used doesnt do crap in this equation...You compare new vs new or dont compare at all...You compare fastest vs fastest or dont compare at all see the point...Guess not!!!

My only point was that alot of people say the Banshee is a bad woods machine wich is nowhere close to be true, thats all!!!

There was no need to turn this into a bashing session as I stated from the start that my comments were originated from personnal experiences and personnal preferrences, you like your Rappy good for you, i just personnally dont.

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

I like my raptor for certain applications.. wether i bought mine used or not isnt the issue the issue is that even if he bought his used he would still be at the same price as me because of having to rebuild everytime you go out. have u ever rode a raptor do you even own a quad?

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

If you click on the lil camera just under my nick you will get to see my ride...It has changed alot since the pics were taken but it gives a good idea of what it looks like.Now the swing-arm is a lil longer and i am runnign another engine wich you can see right here; http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...c/f8bc7024.jpg

This one is a 7mm stroker 500cc T-REX engine.

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Imback
From your list of mods you have like 5 times what he has into his Shee...

but it doesnt have the torque needed around here for mountain riding.
Lol...The Banshee has been "king" of Sand mountain for a damn while now...So explain to me where the lack of torque is happenin because im not sure im with you here.
uhhh 2 strokes have very little torque.....lots of people have told me this and i can definitely tell they have very low torque compared to a 4 stroke, after riding quite a few 2 jokes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

thats a badass ride. the point of my retaliation was to say that the raptor doesnt have a high center of gravity and people would konw this if they rode one lol

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Two strokes produces more torque than four strokes...Just at a higher rpm, torque has nothing to do with low rpm power...Its just a common misunderstanding that torque= low rpm power.

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

thats a badass ride. the point of my retaliation was to say that the raptor doesnt have a high center of gravity and people would konw this if they rode one lol
Thanks, like i said i only rode totally stock ones...Could they be much better wich just a few tweeks probably i dont know.

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

?? how much money do you have into that/

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. Banshee