Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor vs. Banshee

Way too much, its an addiction...

Sorry, im at work right now and just dled the Nick Berg vid and im about to puke...WTF!!!!!! Cant find the words to describe how discusted i am...

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah its sick huh
f'n iraqis

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

The thing is the mentally illed ass_hole who did this supposedly aint even an Iraqi...Hes Jordanian or something, wtf is he doing there???

Anyway lets get back to what this tread was about wich was...im not too sure anymore.

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:51 PM
Sin
Weekend Warrior

You and your buddy running neck and neck rappy vs. shee....that can be explained in two words... Rider Ability. the largest advantage to a rappy in the woods has got to be the throttle control...but other than that, the list of positives is fairly short. Im just not a big thumper fan... so anything I say is going to be biased anywayz [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I guess you'd beat me in the woods.... b/c I can't fit in between the trees. But when my 'shee had stock geometry it was a rush from hell dodging in between trees.

Mike

Old 05-15-2004 | 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva
Originally posted by: Imback
From your list of mods you have like 5 times what he has into his Shee...

but it doesnt have the torque needed around here for mountain riding.
Lol...The Banshee has been "king" of Sand mountain for a damn while now...So explain to me where the lack of torque is happenin because im not sure im with you here.
uhhh 2 strokes have very little torque.....lots of people have told me this and i can definitely tell they have very low torque compared to a 4 stroke, after riding quite a few 2 jokes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
my banshee has plenty of torque. now stop writing stupid comments, your making the rest of you 12 year-olds compadres on here look dumb.

Old 05-15-2004 | 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Stop worring about the lil boys on there rappys.

They all were sold a line of BS that said

1. Banshees cant be ridden on trails
2. Your rebuild every ride.
3. They have worse handling then a rappy
4. They have no tourque.
5. You need reverse.

These are all bs lines that they constantly throw out because they dont know what ther talking about.

The facts ( learn these so you guys dont sound like dum a$$es).
1. Banshees are the best hill climbers made deffently needed for trails and nothing comes out of a turn as hard as a shee. Both needed for trails.
2. Try an average of 1 rebuild ever 4 years.
3. Rappys sit up like monster trucks nuff said.
4. Tourque is not bottom end . Banshees have loads of tourque. IF you are ridning fast like a sport quad should be ridden your not in the bottom end. Learn to ride ladies. Speed is in high rpms. If you learn to shift right you dont need bottom but you do need topend.
5. shouldn't even have to explain this one.

Old 05-15-2004 | 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Stop worring about the lil boys on there Shees.

They all were sold a line of BS that said

1. Raptors cant be ridden on Hills
2. Its tippy and doesnt handle well
3. They have worse handling then everything else
4. They have no top end or power in high rpms
5. You dont need reverse.

These are all bs lines that they constantly throw out because they dont know what ther talking about. (and never have rode a raptor.)

The facts ( learn these so you guys dont sound like dumb(u missed the b on dumb how stupid) a$$es).
1. Raptors are the best all around quad including hill climbs trails mud water sand mountians snow PLUS it has reverse whats better then not having to get off your bike and pick the damn thing up and turn it around?
2. (average of 1 rebuild every 4years/? ) my a$$ Maybe if u buy it and then ride it once after 4 years then after that one ride you will have to rebuild..Raptors a differnt story all we have to do is change the oil every time.
3. Banshees sit nearly as high as a raptor but dont weelie as easy and have no lowe end power nuff said.
4. You dont have to mix your fuel with the raptor its gas and go.. also Electric start
5. shouldn't even have to explain this one.
6. Banshees have looked the same sense teh day they were born they only look good with aftermarket plastics and new front grab bars

Once you have ridden somthing other then your shee come back and voice your oppionion

Old 05-15-2004 | 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
thats a badass ride. the point of my retaliation was to say that the raptor doesnt have a high center of gravity and people would konw this if they rode one lol
Sorry to tell you but it does..................
I've had a Raptor with +3 arms and +2 rear end with works shocks and it was still more prone to go on it's side that my stock suspension Shee, I don't even think twice about turning at any speed, just punch it and let the rear end slid around, even from a stand still I just donut it around as if someone picked me up and faced me the other way, on my old Rappy it was a major choir to make sure the slide was executed correctly or I was on my slide.
How cares what I think is better, since it's only better for my style, the only reason I comment is to share my expereinces, and to me there not a one quad does it all so to each his own and pick accordlingly to your likes and riding style, JMO

Old 05-18-2004 | 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

hey pinhead lol...... have you ever ridden a banshee because if you had you would know that they have more power then a raptor they are also lower and lighter

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. Banshee