Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity Racing releases 780cc Stroker for the Raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Racing releases 780cc Stroker for the Raptor!

definitely let me know

sorry to hear about the troubles at 4SW's, I didn't know who it was, but it sounded like a major stroker because it took so long before it would fire again, it makes sense what you were saying.

let me know, pms email whatever, i am very interested...

Old 07-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

i know last year at aledo RaptorRCR's 730 was the one to beat..and also Dollarbillz 686 Nitrous Raptor...those were the raptors to beat...BUT a nice ole 535 Cheeta Stroker Powervalved Banshee was the fastest...ive saw just about everykind of craycraft raptor run...i know they are killer fast...when i had my ds...i beat both a 690 Sparks(red/black) rappy at little sahara...and also beat a CrayCraft 686(14mins) and the only reason i beat 14mins is b/c he got a bad start..it was pure luck..but the Sparks Raptor i beat continuously i wasnt impressed at all buy its performance...and hence that my ds was only a Stage 1 on alcohol at the time...thats pretty slow for a 690...

To me it sounds like Harry needs someone back there in that shop that knows what they were doing...I have had 2 motors done by trinity...my old banshee was a Trinity 400cc motor...trinity port work/head/stroker crank/carb kit/+10 arm...all the works...i was happy with the motor..it just made me mad about the HP results they told me it had...they told me it should have around 98 hp..which did sound right because of the way it ran..well to bad i got outran by a 350 with portwork...

Also had a Trinity Raptor...just had port work/exhaust/cam/bigger valves/high comp piston...I couldnt keep a clutch in it though...it had the power...just the clutch might last 3-4 rides at the MAX...i think it was one of the rappys w/the bad trannys it was a 01 model...well we had all kinds of problems out of this raptor...this was my 1st modded race quad..so i thought it was the $hit lol..until i took it to little sahara and got my **** handed to me by piped raptors...i didnt understand...well that wkd the motor started knocking...so we sold it...but what i dont get is why does Trinity come up with fake HP claims!?like alll i used to hear is TRINITY THIS AND TRINITY THAT but now its CrayCraft...is that b/c CrayCraft doesnt lie and have good service??or what??
yall prolly didnt wanna know this lol just thought i would share my luck with trinity

Old 07-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

mad the bike is almost ready and should be on a dyno by the end of the month, i have been saying that for 2 months now ..LOL

but it is the garage waiting on some things to get dont then she will be ready, dont worry you will see alot of her for sure, i figured out some more stuff to go fast but need the cash first, i thought i was done a while ago but i guess not..

Old 07-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ds650RaCeR - thanks for the info. Yes Craycraft has a better track record than trinity. Craycraft does not do dyno wars, they have track wars. There are definitley some fast trinitly bikes out there but if you want great customer service, craycraft and kenz are the top dogs...fast too...

1BAD - You're bike better be KILLER fast!!! that thing is going to fly!!! it is not a duner anymore i take it???

Old 07-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

I had a raptor? Oh yeah, I guess I did. Hard to tell anymore when it's in 100 cardboard boxes.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

raptorfam i hope it will be, i got it taken care of...I dont want to say much but i have that feeling...

Old 07-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trinity's track record with the raptor is a joke. And if I remeber correctly, Powroll has finished a few 790 stroker raptors and actually ran them. My biggest point here really is... For 7-8K bucks and trinity doing the work and making the claims, WHO CARES?

No offense yamaha660r, I appreciate you letting us know whats going on in the sport.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

i would rather spend the 7-8k and buy a banshee and make it twice as fast...OR..experiment with my own porting and so forth and see what i could do with the motor!? you never know what u can find out...

Old 07-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Its not even trinitys build.... They built some bastardly abortion and gave the stroking ultimately to Frank. Strung him along and charged him double for a non running bike.

THE R&D for the 800cc motor goes to MAD racing for this bike. He went WAY out of his way to fix the problem and get the motor running "right" and Frank should get credit for wasteing all the $$$

Mad raceing has not recieved the credit he desrves, hes been modest. Hey, Mark- If you want my full motor combo for my ds (ive done my homework) maybe we can improve it with your knoledge and start to put a reliable motor out that makes great power. Let me know, we could build one up for some up-comming drags for mlk weekend.

BTW- What time thursday?

Old 07-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

Mario being a business owner myself, you know I dont like to bash anybody, so that is
why I let you do it. Anyway Mark from MAD has put alot of reseach in to this. Lets
hope it stays together he seems to be pretty confident he got all the bugs out of it.
If the bike does run It is because of Mad racing allHarry did was buy expensive parts
and took over ayear to slap together. I still have my doubts that this bike is a runner
Istill think youre old DS workhorse is the way to go