Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does a warrior really rev?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a warrior really rev?

I have a doubt about if the warrior revs or not i thought it didnt but lately i have been riding and I have heard it rev a little bit but not often and my brothers friends owns one the same year that mine and revs a lot faster and alot more often than mine.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Old 05-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Of course it revs. Any running engine is "reving" and by this I assume you mean revolutions of the engine. Unless you're engine doesn't work properly and is seized, I'm 100% sure the quad revvs. Boy would it be boring pushing the quad really fast with it in neutral, then hopping on and gliding for a few feet.

I still really got no idea about what you mean about the reving. Please explain it using the right terminology..

You sound like a little kid, "mommy mommy, I heard rev! rev rev momma! reevvv"

-Nick

Old 05-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Reasons:
1. Torque stuffer is an exhaust restriction
2. You prolly didnt tune the carb right

Old 05-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Of course it revs. Any running engine is "reving" and by this I assume you mean revolutions of the engine. Unless you're engine doesn't work properly and is seized, I'm 100% sure the quad revvs. Boy would it be boring pushing the quad really fast with it in neutral, then hopping on and gliding for a few feet.
I meant like a rev limiter that it reaches its revolutions per each gear if you have difficulty understanding go to school and get a good education on social respect while your at it.

Thanks Jakal thats exaclty what I was hoping you would say it seems I still have to give it minor tweaks.

Old 05-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DS650BajaRunner
I have a doubt about if the warrior revs or not i thought it didnt but lately i have been riding and I have heard it rev a little bit but not often and my brothers friends owns one the same year that mine and revs a lot faster and alot more often than mine.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

OK MISTER RUN-ON SENTENCE! NICE WORK! I love it. My friend just read that entire thing in one breath and I honestly thought he was going to pass out. Oh, but Im the one who needs the education, you're right..... wait.. you're wrong.

"same year that mine and".... what?

"I meant like a rev limiter that it reaches its revolutions per each gear" ... wtf?
If you were talking about a rev "limiter" why didn't you just say that in the 1st place? And, how can your "friends brothers" quad rev-limit any faster? Once it reaches the rev-limiter, its not going to limit any faster or slower..

Do you even know what a rev-limiter is? Im doubting that.

Oh and by the way, Im pretty sure Jakal was messing with you too... "Torque stuffer?" ahahahahahhaahaaa I wish these boards had animated faces..haha Im actually laughing.

-Nick

Old 05-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with Nick here, you didn't make much sense. He's just a little more harsh about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Eh, he insulted me first.

Its just these dumb people, they got me all worked up today.

-Nick

Old 05-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I see I guess its my mistake I apoligize for not bieng really specific In the doubt and your right i dont know much about quads thats why i posted this to know what is what. But you deserve the insult in the first place if you can read what you post you know why.

You sound like a little kid, "mommy mommy, I heard rev! rev rev momma! reevvv"
Listen buddy I didnt post this to argue with you I just wanted to know about the rev thing and I am sorry if i insulted you anyway i dont want any enemies in the forums so sry.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I was just poking a little fun at you.

All of us forum members are buddies, not enemies.

-Nick

Old 05-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Im glad thats why i like these forums. Sorry dude i didnt know you guys did that.

Quick Reply: Does a warrior really rev?