Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

vitos ?? on 240 kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vitos ?? on 240 kits

i was looking at the vitos "CYLINDER KIT 240 BIG BORE WITH PERFORMANCE PORTING -TRIPLE EXHAUST-FOUR INTAKE PORTS MAKES 32 HP PLUS fits Any year" and i was wondering y it was cheaper than the trenga racing one. its b/c it doesnt come with a carb rite? and if i was going to get this what other thing would i need b4 i could be ready. also what else do u guys think i should get im ordering the reed spacer, flywheel advance key and 14t front sprocket from vitos this week.

Old 05-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

i got thier 34mm carb, vforce reeds, spacer, air fliter, pipes with the same top end kit......it flys

Old 05-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Theres more differences between the two than just the carb lol... For one, Trenga does NOT make their own kit but rather its made for them by CT racing... Also, LA Sleeve has the same one so im not sure exactly who has the kit on lock down but its definitely not Trenga lol... Trenga doesnt make hardly any of their own stuff but rather someone else does it for them and they just stick a huge price on it along with a TRENGA RACING sticker lol...

The main differences between the two are that the CT 240s ports are much larger than the Vitos and therefore is going to put out more power.. If you look closely at the Vitos youll notice that the transfer ports are just as small as the stock ports on your stock cylinder... Also if you look at some pictures of the intake part of the Vitos cylinder youll notice that the intake windows are just as small as the stock cylinder as well but the Vitos has even more casting flaws lol.....

The CT kit is a good kit for short runs, but it tends to run a little hot on long full throttle rides... If you serious about getting the best 240 kit you can, and at an affordable price to boot then you seriously need to check out www.hollywooddirtproductions.com ... This guy does real deal 240s that are ported to the gills and set up just for you for the type of riding that YOU are doing, which is better than a mass produced kit...

Hollywood Dirts 240 kits come fully ported, all gaskets, base plate spacer which raises the cylinder up and in turn allows the piston to fully uncover the transfer ports allowing for maximum flow, milled head set up for whatever fuel you want to run and the head also comes with his Prop head mod which is far superior than traditional head designs when it comes to lubrication of the piston and the over all combustion cycle of the motor.. Hollywood Dirts kit also comes with a brand new Wiseco piston. But most importantly when you buy from Hollywood Dirt you get a chitload of customer support from both him and all of the moderators on his forums.....

Definitely check out his website at www.hollywooddirtproductions.com before you spend your money elsewhere... Right now his motors are winning several races on National levels so you can be sure that he knows how to build a good one for you..