Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

School Project 3 - Why do you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004 | 04:21 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default School Project 3 - Why do you ride?

Hi, I’m a sophomore college student at the University of Michigan. I am taking a summer school marketing course in branding. The main grade in the class is a branding project.

I have already posted in the Honda and Other ATV forums, but I thought I would also post a question here. I do not have an ATV, but one of my group members does. I was planning on going riding this past weekend, but the weather here in Michigan was really bad.

I assume that since you guys post in the Yamaha forum, you believe that Yamaha is the best. Why is it better then the other brands? My preliminary research says that Yamaha's are the fastest. Is this true?

Finally, why do you ride ATV’s? I have already learned in another post that there are three main categories for ATV's: sport, utility, and the mini's. But I am wondering what originally attracted you to ATV’s. Is it adventure, work, hunting, all three?

Thank you.

Old 05-24-2004 | 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think yamaha is THE best, but it is a good brand.

I think yamaha is the fastest in STOCK form, but anything can be fast with the right amount of $$$.

I ride cuz I like it and its a good stress reliever. I first started riding when a friend of my dad sold him a 420cc banshee, been hooked ever since.

Old 05-24-2004 | 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I personally ride a yamaha because they make a quad the fits me which is the YFZ450.
I ride because i like being outdoors and like cali said its a great stress reliver to go out and ripe *** around the track and when your done you dont feel like punching the bastard that fliped you off earlier. And because its one hell of a rush being 40 feet in the air and having to land just right....... And its a great way to spend your money rather than drugs and alcohol.
Hope this helps ya out. Good luck

Justin

Old 05-24-2004 | 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha for looks, and parts availability in the aftermarket. I ride for the excerise, the view, to get away, to push my own ability, and to see what I can acomplish with my own hands in building a better machine.

Old 05-24-2004 | 05:49 PM
Royalty Rider

I like to ride because I have always been into things that give me thrills. If there is something that boys can do, Im going to try and do it better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Im a very competitive person. I grew up around all things off road. I like to get dirty.

Its not that I think Yamaha is better, its that Yamaha made a quad that was best for me. Plus it what my dad wanted to buy me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 05-24-2004 | 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

The given factors, like speed, danger, getting the better of a fellow rider, but that's only when draggin'.
I mainly ride because it feels like freedom amplyfied.

Old 05-24-2004 | 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think yamaha is the best, it is what I ride. I also have hondas. Riding a quad is a blast and if I was to make my every day rides like my quad well I would loose my license. You spend all kinds of money and time on it. You can ride it fast or slow, hard or just cruise, either way it's fun to ride and yet challenging you to do different things. I just realized why my wife is jealous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2004 | 06:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

LOL^^^ at last post... i mainly ride to releive stress im 15 and well past 4 years of my life i've been beating the **** outta ppl and just got in trouble all the time and well i got a quad last summer and everytime i get pissed off i just go out n ride n it just releives all the stress.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] got m i pissed right now..