Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine quiet exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine quiet exhaust

I have read over many of the posts concerning Wolvy exhausts, but I believe my 99 has developed 2 very bad gasket failures which leads me to think I should just replace the whole thing. I would like to get a quiet version if possible. The worst of my leaks is right where the manifold pipe transitions to the actual exhaust, just under the protective heat shield near right leg. Any ideas?

Old 05-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If memory serves me correctly, there should be a small gasket material in there.. much like the gasketing used on fireplace doors. This "packing" should not be that much from the Yamaha dealer and would by far be the least expensive component to replace. As for the head pipe and muffler failing themselves..... My experiences tell me you will see a muffler rust out on the bottom side along the welded seam in the middle. As for the head pipe, i have yet to see one fail.

Hope this helps.

Ride On.

Old 05-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You now have 2 choices for the gasket at the pipe/muffler union, you can get the standard fiber ring that seals it good, mine lasted many years, or now the dealer can also give you a soft copper seal ring, when crushed down,it seals great, and won't burn out like the fiber seal ring.As far as quiet, no aftermarket will be quieter than stock, unless you hook up one of those auxilliary "hush" mufflers that hang off the back end, some claim as much as 50% decrease in noise, and can be removed for regular riding, although the power loss is not very noticeable.