Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ds650 vs. banshee shootout

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ds650 vs. banshee shootout

Originally posted by: bluethunder
Some of you guys just kill me, If dirt wheels would of gave the banshee the win, all the banshee guys would be bragging right now, just like the the previous issue of dirt wheels where they had the banshee,raptor,yfz450. I beleive they said the banshee was the best duner,and all these banshee guys on here were saying its sad when a old fossil like the banshee beats a new machine,blah,blah,blah.

You know who you guys are. So dont favor dirt wheels when it makes your machine look good, and crap on them when things dont go your way. All are machines have been crowned the kings at one time or the other from them.
I agree. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares about the shootout, neither are as fast as the raptor stock for stock. The 04 DS might be if they changed the sprocket like they said there were going to. I raced a DS on my 02 Raptor when it was stock, we did it on the road I might add. I pulled away from him every time. As for banshee's, they are junk, my buddy has one and I beat it from the start and when I hit top of 4th and 5th, I'm way ahead of him. His is all bored out and FMF and boost bottle and power reed and all his other garbage and I have my Yoshi pipe and rejet kit and I beat him all day. I barely have any tread left on my tires too but when I raced the DS my tire's were half worn and so were his. Yes you can mod a Banshee to have insane HP. You can also mod a raptor to have 300hp. Comes down to knowledge ,who you know, and your big fat wallet for modifying. As for the DS and the Banshee, who knows which one is faster because Dirtwheels has gone to ****. They dont even know how to do a shootout anymore. If anyone lives near Northampton, Walnutport, Slatington, or Palmerton, I have an awesome field to hold drags. I live in Walnutport rick by Beckies Drive-In and Detmers. I might add, Detmers is a Polaris (POS) dealer. I can't wait to race the predator, I dont think it will be any competion but I would like to race the Gas-Gas.

Old 05-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Andrew Thomas
lol wat the ????, a bombardier won a mag shootout for once? i think thats a first
I remember one sport quad test where the DS won like 4 out of 7 catorgories & still got 4th! I guess it was too manly....
haha, i read that one too, i was like wtf?

Old 05-30-2004, 03:58 AM
EAB
Pro Rider

I thought that picture on page 71 was funny also. They cant do a shootout and they cant pick a picture...THE GUYS RIGHT TIRE IS FALLING OFF!!

Old 05-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

Who cares about the shootout, neither are as fast as the raptor stock for stock. The 04 DS might be if they changed the sprocket like they said there were going to. I raced a DS on my 02 Raptor when it was stock, we did it on the road I might add. I pulled away from him every time. As for banshee's, they are junk, my buddy has one and I beat it from the start and when I hit top of 4th and 5th, I'm way ahead of him. His is all bored out and FMF and boost bottle and power reed and all his other garbage and I have my Yoshi pipe and rejet kit and I beat him all day. I barely have any tread left on my tires too but when I raced the DS my tire's were half worn and so were his. Yes you can mod a Banshee to have insane HP. You can also mod a raptor to have 300hp.
I'm guessing, either you are 12 years old or you have the one & only super-duper limited edition Raptor that beats both DS's & modded Banshees? That post was one of the best lines of BS I've seen in awhile on here.

Old 05-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

Obviously your 12 years old with your personal insults around here. I think its because you have a DS and you took it personal. Stock for stock the raptor is faster. Big deal, get over it. I forgot, the raptor also has reverse and is rated the best trail riding fourwheeler. I hate banshee's and most of their rider's, they like to **** talk alot. The DS is way too heavy. I raced a DS when my bike was stock and I pulled away from him every time. I raced an extremely modded Banshee and I have a Yoshi pipe, no snorkel, and a Dynojet kit and I killed him.

Old 05-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

yep he's definetly 12.

Old 05-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DirtWheels is full of **** on just about everything they say.

When the predator came out it was the best quad they ever seen, with all the nice stuff they come with stock... they said "it has the best power,best handling and its by far the best bang for your buck".

Now they say its a "heavy POS" and the YFZ is far better, YFZ this YFZ that. But look how many advertisements yamaha has in the mag compared to other ATV companies...

Old 05-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I raced an extremely modded Banshee and I have a Yoshi pipe, no snorkel, and a Dynojet kit and I killed him.
You have no idea how much $$$ it would cost you to "kill an extremely modded Banshee" and in some cases it just wouldnt be possible no matter what...

Old 05-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

that motor is the coolest. I used it for a mirror.

Quick Reply: ds650 vs. banshee shootout