Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ds650 vs. banshee shootout

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 vs. banshee shootout

that motor is the coolest. I used it for a mirror.
Wich motor?

Old 05-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Obviously your 12 years old with your personal insults around here. I think its because you have a DS and you took it personal. Stock for stock the raptor is faster. Big deal, get over it. I forgot, the raptor also has reverse and is rated the best trail riding fourwheeler. I hate banshee's and most of their rider's, they like to **** talk alot. The DS is way too heavy. I raced a DS when my bike was stock and I pulled away from him every time. I raced an extremely modded Banshee and I have a Yoshi pipe, no snorkel, and a Dynojet kit and I killed him.

I believe you killed a ds and a extremely modded Banshee

In reverse[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: cool74
As for banshee's, they are junk, my buddy has one and I beat it from the start and when I hit top of 4th and 5th, I'm way ahead of him. His is all bored out and FMF and boost bottle and power reed and all his other garbage and I have my Yoshi pipe and rejet kit and I beat him all day. q]

You must have one special pipe there. Race mine with all it's "GARBAGE" and I guarentee you get $hit on.

Old 05-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

I'm back,
Those motors you have on your pics page could be used as mirrors! Are those all yours?

Bling, bling

Old 05-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yes those are my two engines,the Cheetah engine i polished myself, the T-REX engine Patriot Racing had it polished for me.I didnt have the time to polish the T-REX myself at the time i ordered it so this is why i had it done.

Old 05-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: cool74
Who cares about the shootout, neither are as fast as the raptor stock for stock. The 04 DS might be if they changed the sprocket like they said there were going to. I raced a DS on my 02 Raptor when it was stock, we did it on the road I might add. I pulled away from him every time. As for banshee's, they are junk, my buddy has one and I beat it from the start and when I hit top of 4th and 5th, I'm way ahead of him. His is all bored out and FMF and boost bottle and power reed and all his other garbage and I have my Yoshi pipe and rejet kit and I beat him all day. I barely have any tread left on my tires too but when I raced the DS my tire's were half worn and so were his. Yes you can mod a Banshee to have insane HP. You can also mod a raptor to have 300hp. Comes down to knowledge ,who you know, and your big fat wallet for modifying. As for the DS and the Banshee, who knows which one is faster because Dirtwheels has gone to ****. They dont even know how to do a shootout anymore. If anyone lives near Northampton, Walnutport, Slatington, or Palmerton, I have an awesome field to hold drags. I live in Walnutport rick by Beckies Drive-In and Detmers. I might add, Detmers is a Polaris (POS) dealer. I can't wait to race the predator, I dont think it will be any competion but I would like to race the Gas-Gas.
I hate people like this guy here, he gives the Raptor a bad name.

Old 05-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

really, what part of an atv would be the raptor if it had 300hp.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

If you look at the bottom in the last sentence it says the following: "In our humble opinioin , the Baja DS650 is a very competitive alternative to the reigning king of the dunes, the Yamaha Banshee."

So what does that mean? Which one of them won?

Old 05-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I thought it was funny how they were complaining about underbody protection FOR A DUNE SHOOTOUT.

Old 05-31-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

QUOTE:
They dont even know how to do a shootout anymore. If anyone lives near Northampton, Walnutport, Slatington, or Palmerton, I have an awesome field to hold drags. I live in Walnutport rick by Beckies Drive-In and Detmers. I might add, Detmers is a Polaris (POS) dealer. I can't wait to race the predator, I dont think it will be any competion but I would like to race the Gas-Gas.

cool74- where exactly are you? if you are anywhere near me, i am gonna load my banshee up and stomp your crap-talking little monkey azz. there is no way in hejj you can beat a heavily modded banshee. and i am willing to meet up with you to prove it.

so put up or shut up little boy...

Quick Reply: ds650 vs. banshee shootout