Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE CARB ADJUSTING

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANSHEE CARB ADJUSTING

Does adjusting twin carbs have something to do with the banshee power if so could somebody tell me what is the best adjustment.

Old 06-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Here is everything you'll ever need to know when learning how to jet a banshee.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html Thanks to friends of the BansheeHq ( Not sure which one I believe Ben)

Old 06-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Here is everything you'll ever need to know when learning how to jet a banshee.
So basically your directing everyone away from these forums to another one? For the most part saying that the input of this forums subscribers is worthless to you?

I can agree that it is hard to give someone the proper jetting specs over the internet without having the bike in hand. But I would think we can get most people in the ballpark.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

In the last month this site has had more info and feed back on Banshee's than I've seen in years, before a banshee post would just disappear unanswered as the majority of the info is Raptor related. And I found myself looking else where for my answers to my new Banshee and found the "HQ" Banshee only site he made reference to and there is alot a die hard riders that live and breath banshee's and there info and experiences have been invaluable to me, but I always come back to to this site to try to give alittle feedback on these Banshee topics unless they are pointless like "who is faster" and also Raptor ones as I had one previous to the Banshee, there is more than just one place to get your info and I believe 2004LEBanshee is doing right by just not paraphrases someone info but instead giving credit to the owner of the info.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I know what you are saying.... Seems like some days on here the Banshee is treated like a step child......

Old 06-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and the BHQ is back on-line, the site was taken down yesterday by a hacker....

Old 06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I will agree that the banshee has taken the back burner to the raptor and other newer quads....And I'm glad to see other sites offering banshee info.

It just seemed that the author of that post was trying to say to disregard whatever "us" morons have to say and go elsewhere. But hey...I'm having a bad week I guess. Just found out that my leech field has collapsed on us. I'm looking at a 10+ thousand dollar repair that I would rather keep in the bank [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I think the key to understanding jetting is to understand what the engine really needs to achieve optimum performance. It is a good read for sure. And on another note...you have to understand that the forums are a diverse group of people , varying in ages and mechanical backgrounds. So it should not take anybody by surprise when someone comes in and insists you jet your bike this way or that way. I never take anything that is said to heart. You should use the provided info as a building point.

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying go to the BansheeHQ. I was just showing a link to the most informative jetting Faq for a banshee I have ever seen. Just trying to help. It has pics and everything.

I only included the thank you part so that people didn't think I was taking credit for it.

I'm just trying to give correct info to help people but if you want I can just add to the list of bad advise that I have seen from some people and argue about what quad is faster.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

Hey...no problem...It's good info. Like I said..I was having a bad day so I took the chance to give you a hard time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If more people understood how the carbs work...there would be less trouble in the tuning dept for sure.